Definitely one of the best hotels we have stayed in - we are very fussy travellers and have high standards - this hotel ticked all the boxes. We love Boutique hotels and this one was special - not too far from beautiful Queenstown but enough to relax away from the crowds.
From the moment we arrived through the beautiful gates and gardens we knew we would love this place. The hotel decor was classic, warm and welcoming. Our room was an Alpine room and had the best view of the mountains and shotover - the balcony was great to sit and watch the jetboats speed pass and to watch the shadows change on the mountains. Our room was very clean, lots of space, nicely furnished and always well serviced - clean towels and always well stocked.
Included in our package was breakfast - continental and a cooked breakfast which was beautiful - try the eggs Benedict. The continental breakfast was basic.
The staff was always pleasant and attentive - The hotel is under new management and some staff still in training. There was a bit of construction going on - building of a new spa but that did not affect us in any way - staff informed us of this otherwise we would not have noticed too much.Big thanks to Lucas who was very helpful.
It took us 10 minutes to get into town - we had our own car which was easy as we could go and come as we wanted. Definitely recommend you have your own vehicle, otherwise it’s expensive to get around - approx $26 taxis ride one way into town.
We will come back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Distinction Queenstown Nugget Point Boutique Hotel & Spa is located just 8 minutes from central Queenstown and 8 minutes from Coronet Peak Ski field. This intimate, boutique hotel offers stunning views of the Shotover River and mountain ranges beyond, providing a private location, perfect for a getaway.All rooms are 5-star, luxurious suites, with their own balcony or patio boasting river, alpine or garden views. Guest amenities include: on-site evening dining at Birches Restaurant- fine food and stunning panoramic views, relaxation at the Shotover Lounge Bar with open fireplaces, guest library, and balcony, and breakfast every morning in the breakfast restaurant overlooking the hotel's gardens.The Spa at Nugget Point offers massage and beauty treatments, private treatment rooms to make the most of the stunning location, and a luxurious spa suite with plunge pools, spa bath, rain showers, sauna, steam room and more.Distinction Queenstown is fully New Zealand owned and operated! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Agoda, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Nugget Point Queenstown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Distinction Queenstown, Nugget Point Boutique Hotel Queenstown
- Distinction Queenstown, Nugget Point Boutique Hotel And Spa
- Nugget Point Boutique Resort
- Nugget Point Boutique Queenstown