If you want/need to be close to Queenstown, don't stay here. If aprox 8 minutes by car is OK, read on.
I stayed with my wife for a 'weekend away'. First impressions were pretty good. Quite 'grand', with some amazing artwork and beautiful gardens. Pretty reasonably priced (it has to be because of the distance from Queenstown). However after a walk round and game of tennis, it was pretty apparent the whole place really needs a bit of an overhaul - pretty near end to end.
Pros: Big well appointed rooms, quite homely. Tremendous views down to the Shotover river. Friendly, helpful staff. Pretty quiet rooms. Tennis, squash, gym etc. included in room rate.
Con's: Need's s fair amount of money spent on it. Needs an upgrade to the hot water system because if you shower after 9am (when busy) your shower will be cold (I know!! hard to believe these days).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled at the base of Coronet Peak and overlooking the stunning Shotover River, Nugget Point Hotel is the ultimate boutique hotel in Queenstown, just a stone's throw away from shops, restaurants, bars and nightlife of central Queenstown. To complete the perfect picture, Nugget Point is just 10 minutes by car or public transport to Coronet Peak Ski Area for that very special winter getaway. The hotel boasts 36 spacious boutique rooms, accommodating up to 74 guests, and all rooms have an open plan bedroom and lounge area, ensuite bathroom, and private balcony or patio. Nugget Point Hotel offers a wide range of facilities for our discerning guests. Unwind at The Spa at Nugget Point for a truly luxurious escape, indulge in beauty and massage treatments in our beautiful spa which resembles a modern version of Roman baths whilst taking in the views of the surrounding mountain ranges and Shotover River. Then relax in the Shotover Lounge Bar for a refreshing drink or enjoy an exquisite dining experience in Birches Restaurant surrounded by awe inspiring views of the rugged Queenstown landscape. Take advantage of our Home Theatre to enjoy a unique movie experience, with your own private viewing. For the more active guest, there is a well-equipped gym, or challenge your companions to a game of tennis or squash on a private court, and avail yourself of our drying room after an enjoyable day on the ski field. Bookings necessary for these facilities and they are subject to availability at the time of booking. Nugget Point Hotel is also the perfect venue for small conference retreats and incentive groups with our luxury boardroom catering for up to 30 people, with all the modern conveniences and with breakaway rooms available during the period of the conference. For each of our guests there is something special that appeals. It may be the prospect of stretching out in a spa bath with a glass of champagne at the end of the day, or a gourmet meal in our Birches Restaurant admiring the views, or simply curled up on a couch in front of an open fire in our lounge bar with your favourite bottle of wine. One thing's for sure, at Nugget Point we've got the mix just right. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Nugget Point Queenstown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Distinction Queenstown, Nugget Point Boutique Hotel And Spa
- Distinction Queenstown, Nugget Point Boutique Hotel Queenstown
- Nugget Point Boutique Resort
- Nugget Point Boutique Queenstown