On arrival we were upgraded to a lakeview room. we were impressed with the size of the room and the wonderful view. As we had booked a twin room the double beds for each guest was a treat.
However, the decor is VERY TIRED. And, I am sorry to say, I am never impressed when i am greeted with the previous guest's hair in the bottom of the bath. Generally the room was not clean.
No hair dryer was supplied which is usually expected in a NZ hotel at this level.
The people were very courteous and helpful on reception but unfortunately had very little initiative.
The package deal we booked which included full breakfast for two made this a very affordable hotel and with the views being spectaqcular, we overlooked most of the cleanliness issues.
Imagine our dismay when the hotel denied the booking included breakfast. Suddenly we were staying at a very expensive hotel!! My request they check the booking went unheaded. The voucher simply noted that we had paid and the date but not the detail of the booking. The hotel would not check the booking with the agent. We could not check the booking with the agent without spending extra money - the price of one breakfast -to access the hotel internet!!!
We later followed up with the agent who confirmed the detail but would not followup with the hotel. Our contact with the hotel met with "sorry there is nothing we can do now"!
All in all, our relaxing stay turned into a stressful expensive time.
I would not recommend booking a last minute deal or travelbug deal with this hotel.
Another reason to choose the hotel is the big attractive swimming pool. BEWARE. The pool heater does not work and the lake is a warmer place to swim at 4 degrees!
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Resort Queenstown Hotel
- Mercure Resort Queenstown Hotel Queenstown
- Mercure Hotel Queenstown
- Mercure Queenstown
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Resort Queenstown is located on a unique vantage point overlooking the Lake Wakatipu and the Remarkables Mountains. The hotel features 148 spacious rooms with either Lake or Garden views. Accommodation rooms feature broadband internet, coffee and tea making facilities ,in room safes. Facilities include an outdoor swimming pool, spa pool, sauna and gymnasium. Vista a la carte Restaurant, the Lounge Bar, three flexible conference rooms and a winter and summer sports storage room. Complimentary car parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Mercure Resort Queenstown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.