Arrived at the hotel and there was mix up with our booking, we paid extra for a lakeview room, and the view was great, this was the only positive thing about our stay...
1. Bathroom was mouldy and very dated, it looked like it was pretty old and have never had a cent spent on it.
2. Wallpaper was peeling of the walls.
3. Minibar fridge was so loud we had to turn it off to get to sleep.
4. Fire alarm goes off at 4 am, this turned out to be a false alarm, however the guests had to tsand in rain and freezing conditions while the fire dept turned up and checked things, no explanation was given for the alarm.
My wife and I actually gave each other a high 5 when we got in our car to leave!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Resort Queenstown is located on a unique vantage point overlooking the Lake Wakatipu and the Remarkables Mountains. The hotel features 148 spacious rooms with either Lake or Garden views. Accommodation rooms feature broadband internet, coffee and tea making facilities ,in room safes. Facilities include an outdoor swimming pool, spa pool, sauna and gymnasium. Vista a la carte Restaurant, the Lounge Bar, three flexible conference rooms and a winter and summer sports storage room. Complimentary car parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, ACCOR and Tingo so you can book your Mercure Resort Queenstown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Resort Queenstown Hotel Queenstown
- Mercure Hotel Queenstown
- Mercure Queenstown