we stayed here for 2 nights, having found the hotel on booking.com. it was really different than our other motels/hotels in that it markets itself as a resort, so there was a bar/restaurant and no kitchen type facilities in our room.
the room was spacious and comfortable with a great view of the lake. one night there was a big rainstorm which was very neat to watch from inside.
one thing to note is that this hotel is not in the center of town, so it's not that walkable. we had a car so it wasn't that big of a deal.
the biggest bummer was the wifi....a measly 8MB free per day which certainly does not get you much. they did very kindly print out our flight boarding passes, though.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Resort Queenstown Hotel Queenstown
- Mercure Resort Queenstown Hotel
- Mercure Hotel Queenstown
- Mercure Queenstown
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Resort Queenstown is located on a unique vantage point overlooking the Lake Wakatipu and the Remarkables Mountains. The hotel features 148 spacious rooms with either Lake or Garden views. Accommodation rooms feature broadband internet, coffee and tea making facilities ,in room safes. Facilities include an outdoor swimming pool, spa pool, sauna and gymnasium. Vista a la carte Restaurant, the Lounge Bar, three flexible conference rooms and a winter and summer sports storage room. Complimentary car parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, ACCOR, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Mercure Resort Queenstown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.