“Another Great Stay..” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 58 Hotels in Queenstown
Southland
“Another Great Stay..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

As a family we have stayed here about four times now and we just really enjoy it. The staff are friendly and the place nice and comfortable. There is a good little gym that you can make use of and of course there is the swimming pool that the kids just love. The spa pool is another great addition. Breakfast is great with a nice selection to make sure you are full enough to start the day. As a family it's great because you don't have to go anywhere to keep the kids entertained, with the amenities they have they can keep themselves entertained. We will stay there again without a doubt...

Room Tip: Lake view is obviously the best and you might think twice at summer getting a room that backs on to...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
MQR, Director of Sales at Mercure Resort Queenstown, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful feedback. One of our best rewards as hospitality professionals is having guests return to us over and over again and we have to thank you for your continued patronage and loyalty to our "little castle on the hill"!
We were thrilled to offer our upgraded brand new spa pool this season and we are so pleased it is giving so many guests so much fun.
Please look out for me next time you stay and say Hi!
Sales and Marketing Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

The beauty of Queenstown's scenery was captured perfectly from the lake view room. The Remarkables are just that and as ar as you can see they are glorious with their green bases and snow-capped peaks. The hotel was set beautifully overlooking the lake and quite close to the center of shopping, excursion hubs, restaurants, and the casinos. The staff was super friendly and the room large with very comfortable accommodations. Loved it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

The view over the lake towards the Mountains was fantastic. Sunny one day and snowing the next. Pleasant hotel that takes a few minutes to walk from one end to the other along corridors that you have to keep a look at for signs to lifts etc as there are branches going in various directions.

Front desk staff were very pleasant and helpful at all times.

Bed was nice and comfortable. Bathroom getting a little tired but shower worked well.

Room Tip: Make sure room has a view over the lake.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Auckland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Hotel was nearly empty but we got put in the furthest room from the elevator there possibly was, a good 5 minute walk from reception and right next to the noisy tour bus car-park. I'm guessing that was because they didn't want our baby disturbing other guests. One thing you will get to experience here is the most expensive mini-bar prices in the southern hemisphere. (500ml Powerade $8, Can of Coke $5, Bottle of water $7) But in saying that the service from the front desk was excellent and the bar and restaurant looked very good plus the room and bathroom were immaculate.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

My brother and I went to the Queenstown in snow season in 2011. My overall impression of this hotel was it was beautiful. The restaurant was over looking the lake. The room we were placed in was about a 10min walk down this long hall to the end room. We got in the room and there was one bed and the shower was did not have a base and only had tiles. I rung the front desk and let them know about the bed situation they said they could bring us in a roll away bed. I'm not usually a complainer but in the case that we made them aware before we came that we needed two beds and there is no way that my brother and I were spending over week sleep in the same bed when we paid alot of money they said they would call me back because all the rooms were booked and to let us know what they could do. They ended up moving us one room over. This room was a lot better it had two beds and a en-suite. If you are looking for a close walk to Queenstown center walking from this hotel will talk you about 20mins to two. The walk is lovely. But not so much when you are walking back. The hotel is situated half way up this massive mountain/hill. But they do have a bus that comes every half an hour that will take you into town. The restaurant is really lovely. Beautiful view, really nice food. We ate there a few of the nights. The waiters were really friendly and nice. I would recommend this hotel but I would pay a little bit extra to get a nicer room. The rooms are clean and comfortable. If I was to go back to Queenstown I would try somewhere else before I stayed here again.

Room Tip: You should pay a little bit extra and get a nicer room.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. We do apologise for the initial incorrect room allocation for you and your brother. We are very pleased our team were able to address and rectify the issue promptly for you. We believe we offer great value over the winter months and as you will have experienced the views are superb from our location. Most often a car or bus is required for transport anywhere in Queenstown in our very chilly alpine winters and we are happy we are able to offer a frequent and "to the door" payable service via the Connectabus and the ski field buses. As you research your next stay in Queenstown we do hope you will reconsider staying with us and upgrade your room type which will still in comparison to others offer exceptional value for a winter holiday.
Fremantle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Trip advisor

My husband, 6 month old daughter, my mother and I recently stayed at the Mercure Queenstown. And we had a wonderful stay. I only make the effort to get on Trip Advisor when a place is worthy of mention and this hotel was!

The rate was very reasonable (esp. considering it was during the busy snow season). Our room was large, comfortable and clean with the most stunning view of the lake and mountains out through the massive windows. There was a bath in the room, which my daughter & i enjoyed at the end of each day, while my husband went downstairs to the outdoor spa!!

The breakfast buffet was great, with a wide selection of food and freshly poached eggs - just ask! There was a coffee machine, which meant we spent almost 2 hours breakfasting, drinking coffee & taking in the view through the floor to ceiling windows. We only had dinner in the restaurant one night (there are so many great restaurants in Queenstown) and I'm glad we did! They had a special of 3 courses for $40 and it was delicious. I had the squid entree, salmon main and the most amazing chocolate pie/cake thing for sweets!

So yes, facilities and food was great, but what made our stay special - was the staff! They seemed to come from all over the world and so were as excited about being in Queenstown as we were and were more than willing to give you holiday pointers! They were all friendly, personable, helpful and fun. This is not often the case in big hotels and so I was very pleasantly surprised!

The only thing I didn't like about this hotel, was the expensive shuttle to town. Town's not far away, and heading in is fine - downhill, but home with a pram (or without!) it is a serious hike uphill!

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback. We are very happy you enjoyed the varied and tasty meal options we offer here at Mercure Resort Queenstown. We are especially pleased you felt so comfortable in our hotel with your 6 month old and your mother. We really aim to ensure families of all ages are well catered for and it seems we are succeeding.
Yes, the hill is a "challenge" coming back up on foot but we do encourage our guests to stroll down as it does afford you the best views along the Lakeside to town.
We do hope you return back to us on your next trip to the Southern Lakes.
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stayed at the Mercure Resort Queenstown on the 14th to the 16th of September for my partner's grandmother's 90th birthday. The room we stayed in was superb and spacious except the bed was a little hard for my back but we were comfortable nonetheless. The other minor issue (other than the bed being a little hard for my back) was that the fridge was turned off (although I failed to report it to reception) but it didn't bother me that much.
The Vista Restaurant was set up brilliantly for the event and the food was delicious. The staff were very polite and helpful and seemed to enjoy a conversation with us.
The reception staff were very helpful and their help with making a booking to ride on the TSS Earnslaw was much appriciated.

Overall I enjoyed my stay with the Mercure Resort and I would gladly stay there again. :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Mercure Resort Queenstown? Share your experiences!