“An excellent hotel choice!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Millennium - Queenstown

Save Saved
You added Millennium - Queenstown to your Saves list
Millennium - Queenstown
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Corner Frankton Road And Stanley Street, Queenstown, New Zealand   |
Ranked #43 of 61 hotels in Queenstown
Hong Kong, China
“An excellent hotel choice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Everything there was perfect! The service was amazing! I remember the person at the counter for signing up for activities helped is for and hour because we couldn't decide what to do! The bedrooms were nice and i felt safe. What i think is, if a hotel is very good they should have cards to unlock the bedroom doors. For once i actually felt relaxed in this hotel! They also have a very nice buffet! my stay here was amazing and i hope to go back some time!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dinesh G, Manager at Millennium - Queenstown, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Hi Helen L,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay.

It is always pleasing to hear positive feedback from our guests regarding our services and facilities. It is with your feedback that we continue to do a great job.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Millennium Queenstown.

398 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Good hotel, location a bit of a freckles up hill but there is a short cut. Shame a load of the rooms face internally rather than maximising stunning local scenery. My big gripe about his chain across NZ is their policy on charging for internet use at around 68 cents a minute with a $25 cap and a maximum data allowance. This is charged per device. In this modern day of communications this is unacceptable and means I would choose never to stay with this chain in NZ in future. I stayed in around 10 different accommodations across NZ both better and lower quality and never had the same issue. What a shame.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room that isn't internally facing
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dinesh G, Manager at Millennium - Queenstown, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Hi Jimboblondan,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay with us.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed your overall stay. Due to the location of the hotel and being surrounded by other buildings, it is a shame that our rooms do not look to the beautiful scenery that Queenstown has to offer.

Our guest find our shuttle to town handy that runs every hour on the hour betweeb 9 am until 9 pm. I appreciate your comments regarding internet and will certainly escalate them to our higher management.

We look forward to welcominng you back to Millennium Hotel Queenstown on your next visit.

Wanaka, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Older style hotel, quieter than staying in the centre of town, easy access into town and lake. A bit of a walk up hill to get back but good exercise.
We had asked to two rooms close to one another - I booked in June for a 2 night stay so they had plenty of time to organise.
Very limited on site secure car parking. It should come with the room at no charge (not $10) per day.
Limited tv channels and even motels have free sky.
Probably would not stay there again. Lots of others to choose from.

Room Tip: More choice and free sky Dont charge for car space in hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Hi Maree,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am disppointed to hear that your rooms were not allocated close to each other and will discuss the same with our reservations team. We offer a shuttle to town which runs every hour on the hour from 9 am until 9 pm. This is very handy for our guests who like myself find walking up the hill tiring.

We have Sky Business Package available at Millennium Queenstown which unfortunatley offers 12 channels. Most of the hotels in Queenstown offer the same package.

I still hope that you will consider Millennium Hotel Queenstown for your next visit.

Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I visited this hotel because flight cancellation of NZ airlines with my friend Adela. I have to say their service was perfect and hotel is located on good location near city center. I wrote there quite angry article there because I found they charged me for 50 bucks for nothing but that was my mistake because it was just deposit. ( but I am afraid in my account was impossible to fing out difference between deposit and charge ) So just to be polite I have to excuse myself for previous article and I have to say we spent happy time at your hotel.

Tomas Barancik

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Hi Tomas,

I am glad to hear that you have received my email regarding the $ 50.00 deposit and it has now been reversed back on your credit card statement.

I appreciate your comment regarding the same and hope to have you back with us again at Millennium Hotel Queenstown.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

The hotel was clean. Rooms were neat and tidy. Breakfast was good. It is located near to the city centre and 10 mins drive from the airport.The hotel charges you for car parking. I would rate it 8/10.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Abhijit,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us.

It is pleasing to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our rooms confortable and our location convenient.

We hope that you will choose Millennium Queenstown as your preferred hotel on your next visit to Queenstown.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Our large group (50) coincided with a trade show about earthquakes(!), but all went smoothly. We stayed in a garden view room on 2, below the reception floor - very quiet. Breakfast was comprehensive and good, and ordering decaf coffee was no problem - they were "on it." NZ hotels just don't offer much WiFi - 20 mins per day free - but I could tell that the staff had served our tour director quite well by accommodating the various cabs and buses taking us to flights and wine tours, etc. in spite of a limited entry parking space. I was quite pleased overall and would feel "at home" if/when I return to Q'town.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Mitch-MK,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us.

We appreciate your comments regarding our Front Desk team and are glad to know that enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Millennium hotel Queenstown.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

The hotel room was not ready by check in time. However the duty manager was courteous and offers to shout us drinks. It took them 1 hour to fix the room. Check in was at 2 we got the room at 4:15.

The hotel is really dated and both building and furniture is in need of an urgent renovation if the group wants to save face if they still want to be classified as four star. The furniture is old and shabby even in the suites. The carpets are stained and dirty all through the hotel. Paint is peeling off in places and plug points don't function. Housekeeping is poor and below even 3 star quality. The bedding has aged and is saggy including pillows. Staff don't even bother to clean the rooms we well and replenish toiletries. No one cares about hotel toiletries but they need to replenish it. They don't event provide you with courtesy drinking water. I am sure when you are paying close to $300 you can at lest expect a bottle of water. We stayed at a motel in Frans Joseph and believe me I will rate them way higher than the millennium.

Overall if travelling in a big tour group and you intend to only spend a few hours not a bad option but if you are looking for a relaxing holiday and intend to spend time in the hotel don't bother. There are many other options.

I felt overall disappointed and cheated. I travel a lot for work and holidays and have not felt like this for a while.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Jacinta,

Thank you for feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am glad that we have resolved your complaint and we look forward to welcoming you back to Millennium hotel Queenstown.

Operations Manager

Been to Millennium - Queenstown? Share your experiences!