“Amazing Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Heritage Queenstown

You added Heritage Queenstown to your Saves list
Heritage Queenstown
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   91 Fernhill Rd | P O Box 648, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand   |
Ranked #26 of 58 Hotels in Queenstown
Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand
“Amazing Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Stayed in deluxe room, cant find any fault, really good bed. Great room, amazing staff...Rodrigo & Fiona are outstanding individuals. The room was always extremely clean when we returned to it at the end of everyday. All staff would always great. One staff member gave plenty of ideas on what we could do while in Queenstown. The Heritage will be my home whenever I am in Queenstown again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Donna S, General Manager at Heritage Queenstown, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Good afternoon Colleen E

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback on your recent stay with us at the Heritage Hotel in Queenstown.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you consider Heritage Queenstown as your Queenstown home. I will ensure your comments are passed onto Fiona, Rodrigo and the team.

Donna Stewart

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We used Travelbug's 'mystery hotel' option and were happily suprised to get the Heritage at a huge discount. So we were already impressed before we even checked in.
Before we arrived we were instantly upgraded to the Lakeview studio. I use the term studio very loosley, because this was not the typical cramped but modern hotel room. It was nice a big. A place where you can dump your bags easily and not trip over them throughout your stay.
The views across to The Remarkables were amazing, particularly at sunrise (about 7:30am in winter)
The bed was huge and so very very comfortable. You wont want to bound out of bed to the slopes!
The service at check-in/checkout was so warm and helpful, they gave us discount vouchers on ski gear hire. Did not check out the inhouse restaurant or bar or pool. But they all looked great.The empty lot across the road means there is ample parking, but you may have to walk if you luck out.
This hotel is not in the centre of Queenstown, so be prepared to taxi up the hill if you are out boozing / are lazy...should only be about $8-10.
Basically, what a 5 star hotel should be.

Room Tip: Go on, ask for an upgrade in email or upon check-in. It worked for us.
Good afternoon Josh M

It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay, I will ensure your comments are passed onto the team.

Auckland, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Chose this hotel because of location and ambience - also got a good winter deal. Nice location not far from city centre and with gorgeous view on lake. Our deluxe room was very nice too, big and cosy. And here I'll stop. Staff knowledge is absolutely poor, as every time we asked something they couldn't find an answer straight away. I booked a room through their website, and during check in I was charged twice ( they didn't check that I've already paid), then we were not explained about any hotel facilities. Our package included Internet as well, and when I called to reception to ask how to connect I was told they Internet is chargeable and I have to pay :-) when I mentioned about free Internet with my package, hey said they don't know anything about that!
The other funny thing was when we called for room service to order cheese plater and when we confirmed the price, it wasn't he same as in room dining menu - when we asked why price is different from menu in our room, we got an answer "sorry, menus in room are little overdated". Well, why you guys don't change it then?!
But I should say even though staff don't know much, they are attentive and polite!
Personally wouldn't stay there again, there are plenty hotels to choose from.

Good afternoon Cokkou

I am glad to hear you enjoyed our facility, however, it is very disappointing to read about your overall experience with us. I have personally spoken to the respective heads of department about increasing the product knowledge of their teams and also to make sure all information is kept updated.

I apologise for this experience as this is not acceptable

Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My family of five with three children in tow descended upon this outstanding accommodation in April. We had a family chalet and shared this with my parents-in-law. There was ample room and facilities to cater for everyone's needs. The views and private deck were also a great feature. At $550 a night it can seem pricey but there were 7 people.
The great thing about the chalets is they are away from the main rooms and reception. The noise levels are minimal and you can just get on with relaxing. You are able to use the pool facilities which were up to standard and a lot of fun.
Sadly the only thing letting this Hertiage down was the restaurant food quality and a rude SA manager. Not up to my standards and a bit slap dash and inflate prices $480 for 7 including the kids for dinner not counting the wine! Breakfasts were great though. We ate out in the evening at the many other fine food outlets.
So recapping Families and Chalets go together and you can enjoy your inlaws at the same time!

• Stayed April 2013
Good afternoon Ed T

It is great to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. It was disappointing that you had a poor experience with regard to the quality of the food. I will ensure the Food & Beverage team are informed of your feedback.

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights and absolutely loved it! The rooms appear to have been recently refurbished and are lovely. Great value for money and we'd definitely stay here again. The walk into town (20 mins) is lovely and a great way to walk off tea in the evening!

Please also note that they take a deposit of $50 per night which you are not informed off upon booking or at check in.

• Stayed July 2013
Good afternoon Katie P

It is great you enjoyed your stay with us. My apologies that you were not informed of the $50 deposit at check in. This is to secure any incidentals that guests may want to use whilst inhouse each day.
I will ensure the Front Office team are informed of your feedback as a reminder to inform all guests when checking in.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a 5 night stay here last week and found the hotel to be very good overall. Our room was lovely, modern and recently redecorated with a nice, big bathroom and the bed was the most comfortable I've slept in at a hotel! The hotel reception and restaurant was great, very rustic and welcoming with fires roaring all the time and we found the location to be very peaceful and just the right distance out of the hustle and bustle of town. I haven't given it five stars as we were a bit disappointed in the food, not terrible for a hotel but not great either and there was a mix up with our second (and final!) room service order. I'd recommend going out to eat as there are lots of great cafes and restaurants in Queenstown but other than that it is a very nice place to stay.

Room Tip: We were in the lakeside wing, but make sure you specifically ask for a lake view as not all rooms in...
Good afternoon Kat201125

It is great you enjoyed your stay with us. With regard to the quality of the food, it was disappointing that you had a poor experience. I will ensure the Food & Beverage team are informed of your feedback.

Queenstown, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Had a work function in Queenstown and needed to stay over. I was so well looked after recently by the team at The Heritage I didn't hesitate to go back.. True to form, lovely warm and spacious room, fantastic service, pleasure to be there. The place was fill of visitors and they never missed a beat. Thank you

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Donna S, General Manager at Heritage Queenstown, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Good afternoon Duffy1968

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback on your most recent stay with us at the Heritage Hotel in Queenstown.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay again - I will ensure your comments are passed onto our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Queenstown again in the future.

Donna Stewart

Been to Heritage Queenstown? Share your experiences!