The Heritage desperately needs to update it's rooms in the main wings and figure out that the internet is now a necessity for a lot of guests, not an expensive luxury (that seldom works well). It's been a long time since I saw a cassette tape recorder as the sound system, and that neatly defines the dated fixtures and fittings that greet you on arrival to your room...scuffed paintwork, doors that don't close properly, creaky chair, a lamp screwed to a tiny desk. If you want something new, stay in the villas (3 bedrooms).
On the up side the staff are nice and helpful and the views are beyond compare, but if you're looking beyond a short stay that's not enough to make the stay memorable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Heritage Hotel Queenstown is has a ski lodge style building constructed from stone & Cedar, standing proud above the shores of Lake Wakatipu, with views of the majestic Remarkables Mountain Range. The main lodge building holds leisure facilities, bar and restaurant which is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The property also features a secure ski and snowboard storage area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Heritage Queenstown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Queenstown Hotel Queenstown
- Heritage Hotel Queenstown
- Queenstown Heritage Hotel