“Amazing Stay on our Honeymoon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa

You added Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kawarau Village, Peninsula Rd, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book Early & Save
Ranked #16 of 57 Hotels in Queenstown
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Amazing Stay on our Honeymoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed here recently on our honeymoon, The room was awesome - Shist fireplace & gas log fire. Huge modern bathroom, Fantastic romantic views.Fantastic price. Very attentive service from the staff. Will definitely recommend to all

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew N, General Manager at Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Mike and Eva M

Congratulations on your recent wedding!

I was very pleased to see you enjoyed your honeymoon and thank you for sharing your comments.

I look forward to welcoming you back to stay, maybe for your anniversary?

Andrew Nisbet

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
  • Korean first
auckland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The staff were enthusiastic, motivated and willing however they lacked leadership and training. Guests repeatedly got frustrated with this as staff got embarrassed not knowing how check in procedures worked on the computer to trying to serve breakfast in a full restaurant.

The most disappointing issue was the design/build of the complex and the noise it generated and funneled. The apartment we had was like staying inside a bus stop. Busses started from early morning outside the bedroom windows picking up passengers. The design of the complex and the road pavers used made it sound as if the vehicles were inside the apartment. People walking passed at any time and talking in normal voices were heard in the apartment.

No phone in lounge area and no bedside alarm in main bedroom?

Room Tip: do not stay in apartment 3410. Apartments that face west and have the corridor between them and the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear scottyAuckland

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your stay.
I was sorry to see you did not enjoy yourselves. Unfortunately vehicle noise will always be an issue to control when groups are travelling by coach.

I do hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back to stay again sometime in the near future

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Wow, what an amazing place! Staff were really friendly, I dropped my bag and a member of staff was quick to pick it up for me, he showed me to the lifts and directed me to my room. The views are just amazing around the hotel, set on the quiet side of the lake but only about a 10min drive to queenstown. The place is just amazing, b were the best and the room has a lovely cozy fire, all really high quality fittings in the bathroom too, and a lovely rain shower. Best place I've ever stayed, and I have been all over the world. Only negative I would say was the food in stacks pub, I felt it was slightly over priced in terms of quality, but taste is a very personal opinion ,so I feel it's unjustified to mark it down . All in all an amazing place! I will be back for sure. Thankyou

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Golfgti220

Great to see you enjoyed yourself following your stay at Hilton Queenstown.

Thank you for sharing your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to stay again soon.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This hotel has a wonderful location and the suites are very special however there are some serious weaknesses particularly with the front desk staff. They lacked knowledge of the area and the special one button call system never worked. it always gave a busy signal and required repeated calls directly to the front desk. This was the only hotel we stayed in for nearly a month in new zealand that did not provide free wi fi in our room. Other large hotels and small ones all provided free service for our iPads and I phones. Only Martin ( valet service) was outstanding . It should be noted that due to its location one must have a car or be forced to take a water taxi that ran hourly to the city. There were many alternatives to eating in the hotel but they were all either in town or near the airport. With a car the hotel is fine, quiet and spacious rooms. Once they fix their staffing problem and realize we are in the 21 century it will be a top notch property.

Room Tip: reuest a suite on fifth floor or above .
Dear phjed

Thank you for taking the time to share your views following your stay. I appreciate your feedback regarding the internet. I am pleased to advise we do offer complimentary internet in the Hilton Hotel Business Centre and Hilton Worldwide are currently reviwing the internet system and charges.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to stay should your travels bring you back to Queenstown.

Ohope, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

The staff were very welcoming and friendly. The room facilities were great and totally luxurious. The view from the lake was very lovely and picturesque. The travel to the hotel away from the CBD was totally worth it. Wished I could stay much longer since I only stayed a few days. The room service was prompt and efficient. Will definitely come back again and stay in this beautiful hotel. Highly recommended for the whole family.

Room Tip: Booking in higher floors will naturally give you a much better view of the lake and surroundings.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear TES983

I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments following your stay at Hilton Queenstown.

I was very pleased to see you enjoyed yourselves and I look forward to welcoming you back to stay when you are next visiting Queenstown.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Hi we stayed at the hilton for 4 nights for my husbands birthday, and it was somewhere we had really wanted to stay.

There was some great service, the people in the breakfast and bar areas were so nice and friendly, and dinner in the restaurant was lovely.
Staff around the hotel were friendly always saying hello.
Room service girls very lovely.

The magic button for service needs looking at, 1st time rang for room service had to redial 6 times, as no answer then got cut of.
2nd time next day needed a toilet roll pushed magic no answer rang and rang, had to go down to reception and ask.

Same day wanted to order room service pushed magic no answer after several calls, ended up having to go down to reception once again to order dinner.

The person on reception put order in, after me asking twice for aioli with the fries, didn't get it when food arrived.

A couple of the people on reception are lovely, also some could have better customer service.

We did email last november to stay as well but never got a response to our booking email, so decided to go to sydney instead.
This time i phoned hilton instead of an email, 1st couple of calls not very helpful what so ever,
3rd time got lovely helpful girl, and emails answered each time.
Room was nice and clean.

Probably would not stay again.

Regards Sharon.

Room Tip: If you really want to be in the rooms right on lake not 2nd row back make it really clear, as i mad...
Dear Shazza

Thank you for placing a review following your stay.
I do apologise for the lack of service. We are continuing to train our new team members to ensure we deliver consistency as our prime goal.

I do hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Queenstown in the very near future.

Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

After staying in several B&Bs during the first half our honeymoon, we decided to treat ourselves to a few days at the Hilton, thinking we would receive the best service and experience luxury. Thing went downhill the moment we arrived at the hotel. There were no porters around to help us with our bags and it took almost 45 minutes to check-in. Before heading to our room, we went to the business center to get some Internet access but staff around the hotel couldn't direct us to the nearest lifts or exits - we encountered this several times throughout our stay and I suspect that most staff were new and not trained well.

The next day, we left early for a day of activities around Queenstown and returned by mid-afternoon only to find that our room was not cleaned even though we had put out the 'Make My Room' tag as instructed. After calling the reception, we were told that housekeeping 'generally try their best to clean rooms by 4pm' - this is hardly five-star service because in most hotels, rooms are cleaned by lunchtime. We waited till past 5pm and only after several calls, the room was finally done but still, not quite - we noticed that only the bed and toilets were cleaned, leaving the living room area behind. Breakfast was also slightly disappointing with not much variety and stale food. Dishes were not topped up with fresh items and we felt the quality was quite poor. We were also told that the swimming pool was heated when it fact, it was freezing cold.

We also saw staff bickering among themselves - one instance was when a porter was trying to explain to his manager that he is not able to focus on his job because of multiple tasks thrown at him. While his main job was taking care of bags, the manager also expected him to man the concierge desk as well as other areas. It's hardly professional to communicate this before guests and it seems like staff are generally overworked and unhappy!

Having said that, not everything was terrible. The concierge (Nathan) and bartender at Cru were fantastic - they were both very kind and helpful! We really appreciated their hospitality and if not for them, we would have left on the first day itself. Either way, we would definitely recommend the local B&Bs over the Hilton.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew N, General Manager at Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Bhavna

It is disappointing to hear of the poor service you received and I apologise for this. These issues have been addressed with our management team.
Thank you for your comments regarding Nathan and Graeme. I will be sure to pass these on to them.

I do hope you have the opportunity to visit us again to allow us to demonstrate the high standard of service we can and do deliver.

Andrew Nisbet

Been to Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!