“Private and serene” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa

You added Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   79 Peninsula Road | Kawarau Village, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book Early & Save
Ranked #19 of 58 Hotels in Queenstown
Townsville, Australia
“Private and serene”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

The Hilton is tucked away on the oppisite side of then lake away from queenstown, located about 5 km from the airport. If your looking for a relaxing holiday with privacy and dont want to do much, this is the hotel to stay in. Very modern, quiet and beautiful rooms with a fire place, large bathroom, tv, desk, Ipod station, wardrobe, mini bar and of course a view of a snow capped mountain. There is a business centre with free internet and a gym. There are water taxis to queenstown for $15 return and start at midday and go till roughly 10pm on the hour. A taxi from queenstown back to hotel is approx $50 one way, I ended up hiring a car due to the cost of transport. There are buses also which are pretty good but I couldnt wait, a bit cold I think. The staff are proficient in their service and know the area. Bar staff can create great cocktails just by asking you your favourite fruits and cereals, trust me their good. Great place to stay..

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Andrew N, General Manager at Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear JC150180

I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay at Hilton Queenstown.

It was great to see you enjoyed yourselves and I look forward to welcoming you back to stay when you are next visiting Queenstown.

Andrew Nisbet

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
  • Korean first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

My husband & I stayed here for 4 nights, and we both agree it was by far, the best hotel we've ever stayed in. The views of the Lake are breath-taking, the decor of the hotel is gorgeous & appropriate for the setting, the staff was incredibly friendly & accomodating and the rooms are spacious. (And it's only a 5 minute drive from the airport!)

The breakfast buffet was plentiful and each day, the chef was very willing to make me a special gluten-free dish.

We also ate twice at Stacks Pub - great steak & chips! Perfect place to come in after skiing & warm up by the fire.

The snack shop that is part of the hotel also has the BEST gluten-free chocolate chip cookies I've ever had. (I checked every morning to see if I could take one with me on our day trips.)

We used the pool/hot tub for a few minutes on one of the nights. I felt the pool was a bit too cool, but the hot tub was incredibly relaxing. It seems like the perfect place for a spa weekend.

Would LOVE LOVE LOVE to stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Andrew N, General Manager at Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear tallchick1978

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

It is always wonderful to read such a positive review and know that we have achieved our goal of ensuring you as a guest, have experienced a memorable and personalised stay.

I was pleased you were able to enjoy so many of our outlets within the village.
Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to stay when you are next visiting Queenstown.

Hamilton, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Hilton queenstown to celebrate my 30th birthday. Extremely happy with our time here. We booked a relaxation room which was bliss with a jacuzzi overlooking the lake and out to the mountains. Room was generous in size with a gorgeous fireplace, pity it wasn't cold enough to enjoy it!! Staff were more than accommodating with our requests. We were welcomed and acknowledged as hhonours members. We went to Stacks bar for a meal which was delicious and great value for money, basic pub food but suited us and was yum! Excellent service and relaxed atmosphere, enjoyed our quiet night and few drinks here. Our second night we booked in and went go the Wakatipu Grill, this was the most amazing experience, absolutely stunning surroundings, most welcoming staff, beautiful ambience and the food selection was to die for!!!! Staff were well informed and knowledgable on wine and food, meals were brought out in record time and simply Devine! Again excellent value for money! We also popped into the on site deli for a sweet treat and we were spoilt for selection with all the goodies on offer, had the most amazing macarons and cakes!!! We hired a car and found the self parking excellent. The location of the hotel was perfect loved being out of town and being so close to the airport and remarkables shopping centre. Views from the hotel were gorgeous! You can't beat snow covered mountains! If I had to be picky my only complaints were we had no shower cap in bathroom and there were no wine glasses or a pen in our room, minor frustrations which I'm sure had we requested these things they would have sorted for us. All in all more than happy with our stay and there's no doubt we will return!

• Stayed September 2012
Andrew N, General Manager at Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Dear CJJLLKS

Thank you for sharing feedback on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us.
I am so pleased you enjoyed yourselves and were able to make use of so many of our facilities within the village.
I appreciate your kind comments regarding our friendly and helpful team members. I do apologise for the lack of amenities in your room and have addressed this with our executive housekeeper. She will ensure extra training is given to avoid this happening again.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to stay again soon.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights and booked the Relaxation Room with it's own hot tub. It was definitely worth it and made our stay even better! The best part about a long ski day or a long mountain bike ride is to know you have a beautiful private hot tub waiting for you!

Staff were very friendly, Martin was the one who greeted us and he was very informative of what we could do during our stay! The concierge we very helpful and helped with our ski bookings and it was also helpful to have a rental store onsite to rent our skiis

The room and bathroom were fantastic. Dreamy bed and quality linens. Husband didn't want to get off the couch.

Something the Hilton may want to work on, is that there is no where onsite to do laundry, we had to go into the city to wash our ski clothes before we continues our travels through New Zealand!

We dined for dinner and also breakfast at the Whakatipu Grill and were not disappointed. Although the wine list was very expensive, the food was worth it.

This hotel is not within walking distance to the centre of Queenstown. It is in the other direction from town past Frankton and the airport. You can either get the water taxi across to town or drive. Driving took us around 10 minutes and wasn't a big deal.
For the luxury and the price I found it very affordable. There are places you can stay with similar luxury in the middle of Queenstown but you will pay double the price. We saw some comparable for 1,000 + a night and we paid 400 for our relax room with a private spa and fireplace.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear iukris21

I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments following your recent stay at Hilton Queenstown.
I am pleased you enjoyed yourselves and I undersatnd your comment regarding the onsite laundry system. Currently we outsource all drycleaning and laundry requirements, however we may review this further down the track.
I appreciate your kind comments regarding Martin and our concierge team. They will be encouraged to know they helped make your stay more pleasant.
I look forward to welcoming you back to stay again next time you are visiting Queenstown.

Auckland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

The first thing I noticed about this Hilton was the amazing lobby that justified its 5 star status. I have been to a few Hiltons and the one common theme I have noticed is the lack of a good lobby. This Queenstown property is tastefully decorated with schist walls, fireplaces, and comfortable sofas which gives a cozy feel to the lobby area and fits in well with all the mountains and hills surrounding the resort. We paid a one off fee of $30 for unlimited valet parking which was convinient because it was the winter season and we didn't have to walk through the cold to get to the car. Valet also used covered car parks which also meant that we were greeted by a warm car every time we got into it. Our room was not a Lakeview room so if you have some Hhonors points, it might be a good idea to upgrade to the lake view if you are after the views. The hotel does not face the remarkables though which are more beautiful than the mountains that the hotel faces. Another thing to note is that you will definitely need a car during your stay here since the main part of town is a good 15 minute drive from the Hotel. Each room I think has a nice fireplace in it (ours did) which also adds to the alpine feel that the hotel is trying to portray and does so really well. We had buffet breakfast a couple of times in the Hotel and it was really good. We ordered room service as well a few times and it was reasonably priced. We also dined at the local pub called Stacks and had great pizza and NZ lager. This is a wonderful hotel with the only negatives being the spa which didn't work when we tried to use it and my room felt a bit warmer than I would have liked. I would most definitely recommend this hotel to everybody. It is one of the nicest Hilton properties I have stayed in besides the Fiji Denarau property which was also very good.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Andrew N, General Manager at Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Haramkhor

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your recent stay at Hilton Queenstown.
I am pleased you enjoyed yourselves and were able to get full advantage from the valet parking.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I spent 3 days here for a work conference and would say that it was the best stay i have ever had in a Hotel. From going to bed at night in the most comfortable bed i have ever slept on (I have even emailed the Hilton to find out the make!) to waking up in the morning to see the most spectalular views of the mountains than to go dowstairs and have an outstanding breakfast. I must say the Hilton have out done themselves here and will be coming back here again soon. Well done Queenstown Hilton. Julian

Room Tip: I stayed on the sixth floor and had the most spectacular views
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Julian M

It was great to see you had such an enjoyable stay with us and thank you for sharing your feedback.

We are very lucky with our stunning views and this morning with more snow on the mountains!

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to stay soon.

Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

The Hilton Queenstown is located a mere 10 minutes drive from the airport and 15 minutes from downtown by water taxi.

The rooms are well appointed and comfortable, with an outstanding bed. The bathroom is large and one has got to love the rainshower.

We had dinner in Wakatipu Grill. The food is outstanding and the service was excellent.

Breakfast is also served at Wakatipu Grill and has a good selection and is well presented.

Downtown is a 15 minutes boat ride with the water taxi. A fun way to enjoy the lake.

The team at the Hilton is friendly and professional.

I can highly recommend the Hilton Queenstown, both for business and leisure. I will most certainly be back!

Room Tip: Lake view is spectacular
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Andrew N, General Manager at Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
Dear dutchkiwi

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay at HIlton Queenstown.

It was great to see you enjoyed yourselves and had fun with the water taxi ride. It is a popular and novel way to travel into Queenstown.

Thank you for recommending us and I look forward to welcoming you back to stay again soon.

Andrew Nisbet

Been to Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!