“a MUST do in Queenstown” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 202 Activities in Queenstown
12 attraction reviews
“a MUST do in Queenstown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

The most amazing experience. That was my first helicopter ride but we were blown away by the spectacular Queenstown view. The helicopter captain was a great tour guide too. I think the most significant experience was when the helicopter landed on the glacier. The feeling was indescribable. You'll see one of the most beautiful view on earth. And you are standing on it.

Definitely recommend

Visited November 2011

Gold Coast
10 attraction reviews
“Great Views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

This was an excellent trip. Close to Queenstown and the staff were really friendly and professional. If you can get the Remarkables flight for under 150 Nzd each you have grabbed a bargain and a top little adventure..

Visited October 2011
new york
“Helicopter trip & cruise on Milford Sound”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

We had a fantastic 4 hour helicopter trip + cruise on Milford Sound.
I would highly recommend this trip with Glacier Southern Lakes Helicopters.

Visited October 2011
Sydney
“whoa!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

We took the Milford Sound, Glacier & Cruise (Flight 106 + Optional Extra 1) flight during our honeymoon in Queenstown. It was the most amazing experience I've ever been on. Alfie was our pilot who was also camera pilot for The Lord of The Rings film (when we arrived home, we watched Return of the King and found his name in the credits). Alfie was great at pointing out landmarks and had a real sense of "revealing the mountains" when flying. The service was exceptional from start to finish and the helicopter was comfortable and spacious. The Milford Sound cruise was breathtaking and we were fortunate to see dolphins and fur seals. Everything about this experience is remarkable and well worth the expense. Must do when in Queenstown.

Visited July 2011
GlacierSouthernLakes, Public Relations Manager at Glacier Southern Lakes Helicopters, responded to this review, December 4, 2011
Thanks for your great review. FYI this product has recently had a name change - it is now called Milford + Cruise (flight 202). It still includes the glacier landing as well as the flight to Milford Sound and Cruise along the sound.
Queenstown, New Zealand
“The Flight of a Lifetime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

My husband Russell and I had the pleasure today of taking a flight with Glacier Southern Lakes Helicopters in Queenstown. We found the staff to be so much more than just helpful. Peter arranged for me to check out the helicopter first in the morning as I am disabled and wasnt sure if I would be able to climb on board. This was done before we booked. We arrived early and our brilliant pilot Alfie and my fantastic husband, Russ, easily helped me on board. We then took off for the flight of a lifetime. The view was spectacular. Even though there wasnt much snow we did a snow landing. I stayed on board whilst the others had snow time. We couldn't praise our pilot highly enough and do recommend that anyone who is looking for a great flight with the greatest people then we advise you give Glacier Southern Lakes Helicopters first option of giving yourselves a flight to remember.

Visited June 2011