“AMAZING EXPERIENCE - off road adventures quad bike riding!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: The home of the best off roading in New Zealand. From beginner to pro let this local family of off roading champions treat you to the ride of your life. We offer amazing quad, dirt bike and u-drive tours through some of New Zealand's most spectacular scenery.
3 attraction reviews
“AMAZING EXPERIENCE - off road adventures quad bike riding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I highly recommend of road adventures, they do a great job and give you great advice on the quads. You gain great skills, first you start with the training track, to get used to the bikes and get taught how to ride them in about 15-20 mins. Then you go out on the trails, you have a guide the whole time to help you out and they let you ride the bikes, it's not boring! Was a great experience, you have got to do it!

Los Angeles, California
9 attraction reviews
“ATV fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

This tour was really great. The guides give the group about 15 minutes of assessment time to see how you perform through a test course and gauge your ability. While I was a bit nervous and it took me a bit of time to feel out the ATV, I was always comfortable and confident that I could tackle the terrain. The tips definitely resonated with me and helped me conquer banked turns, up and downhill climbs and a few small ledges. The vehicles themselves were much more stable than I was expecting, so that was definitely a pleasant surprise but I had to trust in them a bit more and learn to let go. I would have loved to climb back on the ATV the next day for another go at it and take it up a notch.

Visited January 2013
Christchurch, New Zealand
6 attraction reviews
“Our experience was bad, but that doesn't mean yours will be”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

It started off well, the practice track was a good start and the guides are nice and friendly, but just after going off the practice track into the wilderness my son lost control of his bike and spilled off the side of a bank and ended up with the bike on top of him, resulting in a couple of wounds, several scrapes and a burn. Although the 50cc kids quad bikes aren't super fast, they are fast enough for an inexperienced 9 year old to lose control of and have an unpleasant accident.

For some reason my son felt he had to keep up with the guide. I was having trouble keeping up at times because I was having trouble steering to the right sometimes, but it was probably my technique as the bikes look to be in good condition.
After his traumatic experience where my son was convinced his helmet had saved his life because apparently the bike landed on his head, I had to wait with him while my other son went around the practice track, then we left once the group who had paid for the shorter trip came back.
It turned out to be INCREDIBLY EXPENSIVE for our short and miserable experience (not including the doctors charges after his wounds turned out to be worse than we first thought), but apparently that's just the way it is with biking - you have the odd crash and that's that. I'd have to recommend the shorter trip if you have younger kids, or even better, wait until they are older.

Visited December 2012
OffRoadQueenstown, Public Relations Manager at Off Road Adventures, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Hi Danny R,

Thanks for the review, I acknowledge you would have been disappointed with how the tour ended and this is the reasoning for our poor rating. We obviously never like and do everything in our power to ensure people of all ages have a fun but safe quad biking experience.
You have mentioned that you were provided with good equipment and safety gear and we built up the tour starting in our training paddock where your own guide ensures everyone can obtain the necessary skills and confidence. We have been introducing 1000's of children of all ages from all over the world to the joy of quad biking for over 23 years in our unique setting and our guides are all trained to tailor the tours to the particular in very small numbers on tailored tracks and trails which is not the case in the majority of quad biking set ups. Quad biking is however an individual activity and we cannot ride the bike for the customer and unfortunately in this rare case your son came off the bike. Thank you for your feedback and I hope you can both return so we can show the full experience and finish the tour like pretty much all our customers do with big muddy smiles! Kind Regards, Gary
Sydney, Australia
5 attraction reviews
“Quad Bike riding! An experiance must!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Unexpectedly went on this adventure after our skydive was cancelled again due to bad wind conditions - and properly was glad after this experience!
Loved this experiance, we received training and split into groups that suited our skill level.
Must take the 1.5hr option, went much faster and across damns and steeply down mountains, saw some willife and beautiful views. Wear clothes you are willing to get dirty and be prepared to eat a little bit of dirt! This was worth the money.

Visited November 2012
Melbourne, Australia
15 attraction reviews
“AWESOME!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

i loved this! i had done quad bike riding before but this was amazing! they have instructors and group leaders for every level of riders with all different terrain! definitely worth the money!

Visited August 2012