“Great walk!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 199 Activities in Queenstown
More attraction details
Owner description: WINNERS of Best Tour Operator New Zealand 2012/13. Come for a guided walk or snowshoeing adventure with us into the beautiful New Zealand back country & discover what really makes New Zealand different - EVERY STEP has A STORY to fascinate & astound you. Guided Nature Walks specializes in nature interpretation. The area is steeped in natural history with river valleys covered in ancient native beech forests, mosses, ferns & alpine flora & a variety of native bird life is close at hand.
“Great walk!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Pete took us on the You vs Wild walk. Over the course of three hours we had a lovely time, which was packed with tips & tricks for survival.Thoroughly informative, very entertaining and easy to do. I am not a seasoned hiker and i could easily complete the 3 km walk. The cuppa tea & snack in the middle were lovely too!

Highly recommended!!!

Visited July 2013
GWNZ, Owner at Guided Walks & Snowshoeing New Zealand, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
I really enjoyed the trip we took together, you guys are great fun to walk with. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, it means a lot to me as this is such a new product in Queenstown, in fact after Goggling it I can't find anywhere else in the world that offers this in tourism. It helps people understand what happens on the trip. I have just taken possession of a new survival bow and break down arrows, which I introduced to clients last week. I thought that this would be a great idea for the younger visitors, but what I didn't expect was every adult couldn't wait to get their hands on it and shoot arrows into the sun as well.
And once agin thank you so much for the review.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Snowshoeing in the Remarkables”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

A good alternative for those who either don't ski or haven't got time to ski. I only had 1 full day in Queenstown and decided it wasn't worth the effort of hiring all the gear for the sake of half a day on the slopes but I didn't want to miss the opportunity to get up into the mountains so this seemed like the perfect option. The total walking time was about 2 hours, including a stop for tea and biscuits at the top by Lake Alta. The uphill part was easier than I expected although a decent level of fitness will make it enjoyable rather than a struggle. Downhill is just good fun! The views in the Remarkables are lovely. Unfortunately the other people in my group lacked fitness so we had to go at a slow pace and didn't make it onto the lake. However, the guide (sorry, didn't catch his name) was very good at accommodating for all levels of fitness.

All in all a good trip.

Hi Skibs222,

Thanks for the great review, it gives people arriving in Queenstown a good idea of what to expect when they join us on a Snowshoeing trip, i'm so glad that you enjoyed the trip, and we'd love for you to join us again when you're next in Queenstown.

Thanks again,
Darwin, Australia
“One Day Routeburn Track”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I spent a day on the Routeburn with guide Errol while my family returned to the ski fields. Errol was a friendly and knowledgable bird whispering guide who made the day fun and entertaining. The full three day walk is now firmly on my wish list. Highly recommended.

Hi Lisa,
Thank you for your great review, Errol will be pleased to read it, and be sure that I'll pass it on to him as he deserves to hear it. When you return you should check out our other walks as well, I'm sure the family would love the YOU vs. WILD.
I hope that the rest of your trip to Queenstown was as enjoyable as the Famous Routeburn Track.
Take care,
“Fantastic Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Errol was very friendly and knowledgeable. We opted not to ski as my husband's ankle was not a hundred percent. This was a good substitute to skiing - very enjoyable and the views were amazing! Highly recommended.

Hi Erika,
Thank you for your fantastic review, and you're so right, the views are amazing up there.
I'm glad that Snowshoeing didn't irritate your husbands ankle, snowshoeing is a gentle way of exploring the mountains as you've discovered.
Stay safe,
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Family snowshoeing trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We did a half day privately guided trip with Peter. There were 3 of us, myself my husband and our 6 yr old. Peter tailored the trip perfectly to our needs and even brought along a sledge/toboggan for us to have some fun with at the end. Tea and cookies up in the mountains is a lovely and surreal experience. We all had lots of fun and our daughter, although it took her a while to get the hang of it, said it was the best day of our trip. Highly recommended! We were so glad we chose this instead of a family ski lesson as we got so much out of it. Will definitely do again next time we visit Queenstown in the winter.

Hi Little Miss Sunshine,
Great name, I love it. Thank you so much for your review it means a lot to me.
I had a fantastic time with your family, and your little girl was an angel. It's such a special place up there, it would be shame not to share it.
Take care and enjoy Auckland.