“Jumping out of a perfectly good plane” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Ranked #21 of 202 Activities in Queenstown
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: It takes a certain kind of person to jump out an aircraft from 15,000ft. It takes courage. Harnessed to an experienced jumpmaster, expect sensory overload as you reach terminal velocity/200kph. The personal challenge is immense! Located amidst the most breathtaking scenery in the world, your flight to altitude takes you high above the alpine resort, over crystal clear lakes and snow-capped mountains. Freefall photographs/video packages available to capture your once in a lifetime experience.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Stroller parking
Melbourne, Australia
“Jumping out of a perfectly good plane”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

This was something which has been on my bucket list for a number of years. I was as excited as I was nervous about the jump.

We were delayed by an hour or so due to bad weather, although was informed in a professional and friendly manner. I was more than impressed with the customer service all the way through my experience.

My fiancé, elected not to jump but wanted to come for some moral support. Fortunately there was room on the bus on the way up to base and he too was able to join in the fun.

Just prior to my jump, I realised I misplaced my engagement ring. I obviously had rocks in my head leading up to the experience as I dropped this on the Bus on the way up. FORTUNATELY Terry (The bus driver) found the ring and placed it in safe keeping back at the check-in office.

My instructor Milan was amazing and made me feel comfortable and safe through-out the experience. I also booked the video and photo's and was wrapped with the final outcome - THANKS Olly :-)

Would recommend this to any friends and family who visit New Zealand.

Visited April 2014
NzoneSkydive, Manager at Nzone Skydive - Queenstown, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Comments like yours make all our efforts worthwhile so thank you for taking the time to record your enjoyment of the Nzone experience.

I’m glad that your instructor Milan and photographer Olly made your skydive memorable and hope you relive the thrill again and again through your photography. I’m very pleased that you were able to recover your engagement ring so that you could enjoy the rest of your travels here in New Zealand – the nerves before skydiving can be crazy!

Thank you again for posting your review and we hope to see you again in the future.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Hong Kong, China
“No words can describe that feeling up in the air! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I don't usually write review but this is worth the rave! Superb facilities, Equipments and Professional staff. Jumped this morning with Tander Master Wessley and Photographer Jack, they're both super friendly making my first skydive less nerve wrecking! My tander master is a funny guy it helped me divert my nervousness while on the plane. Honestly the jump out of the plane was scary, but it happened so fast we even twirl 1-2x or more before the parachute opens and pull us back up! View of the mountains, lakes ang Queenstown was breathtaking! This is the place to be! No words can describe that feeling up in the air! Such a fantastic experience, I would strongly recommend anyone to do it! Adrenaline rush ! Feeling natural high all day!
Videos and photos are fantastic! You can immediately see all your shots and ready to share online!

Geneva, Switzerland
3 attraction reviews
“One of the best experiences in my life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I hade my first skydiving experience with Nzone. The meeting point is at their shop in the center of Queenstown after booking and paying online. They introduce you to this extreme sport and make you aware of the risks in a very friendly way before taking you to their dropzone with a van. The staff is very friendly and does everything to make you feel comfortable. The dropzone is a very nice place with everything you'd need while waiting for your turn: drinks, snacks, wifi, sunny benches and even a giant chess game. I chose the 15'000 ft jump with the photo + video combo. The price was probably more expensive than with their competitors ($668 total) but I think it's worth every penny. The photographer who jumped with me was very friendly and professional and he and the monitor really made my experience awesome. Four hours after the skydive, I went to their Queenstown shop to get my photos and videos and was impressed with their quality. I would totally recommend Nzone !

Santiago, Chile
“The best place to live this experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

The view, the professionals, the equipment, everything was perfect to have this first experience the best I ever had! I would do it again only with them!

Visited March 2014
Dothan, Alabama
9 attraction reviews
“Best thing I've done in my life!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Seriously. I have pedaled a bicycle across the USA, traveled to Europe 7 times, camped in the snow, slept in an igloo, white water rafting, sea kayaking in Alaska, snorkeling all over the world, and nothing compares to jumping out of a plane at 15000 feet and free falling for 60 seconds, reaching terminal velocity and not even being able to hear yourself scream due to the wind rush! Then complete silence after the chute opens and you gently soar down to a smooth soft landing on a thick field of green grass. What could be better?
Nothing. This was the ULTIMATE adventure of my entire life so far...and it will indeed be hard to beat!