Spent three nights here in what was our last leg of a 2 week trip in NZ in early Jan 2015.
We had a lake view room that was nice and spacious with a balcony that overlooked the lake and was perfect for chilling out. Fortunate to get gorgeous views of sunrise and sunset from the balcony. (Will post pics as well)
The bathroom was nice and big as well. We had a rental car and parking was available at the 3rd level. Had the occasional time when we had to search for a spot but was relatively easy to find parking.
Going to town was possible by the following
1. Driving using your own car
2. Hotel shuttle - used this a couple of times when we had activities planned (bungy, river rafting) and was very convenient
3. Walking along the trail that runs along the river. We were told by the desk that it was 25mins but it's definitely a LOT longer than that and we are quite fit walking at a brisk pace! Took us an hour but it was a lovely walk.
I would have liked the hotel to have a fan or AC as it could get quite hot and wasn't sure of the rationale of not having that in a room. Also since these are advertised as apartments having a toaster and the like would have really helped.
We didn't get a chance to eat at the hotel or sample the wine there but it looked pretty good.
Please note that the property is not in the city center so plan your trip accordingly.
We had a good time here and I'd def recommend it to other travelers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rees Hotel and Luxury Apartments Queenstown is the new gateway to the True South. We welcome you to enjoy the ultimate Queenstown accommodation experience and savor the rich heritage, vibrant culture and diverse attractions of New Zealand’s glorious Queenstown and Southern Lakes District. The Rees Hotel & Luxury Apartments Queenstown offers luxury accommodation on the edge of Lake Wakatipu, looking out to The Remarkable Mountains. The Rees Hotel is conveniently located to Queenstown Airport and a short drive away from the centre of Queenstown, and central to the wide range of high quality, year-round attractions and activities offered by Queenstown and the broader Southern Lakes District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Rees Hotel & Luxury Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rees Hotel And Luxury Apartments
- Rees Hotel Queenstown
- The Rees Hotel Luxury Apartments