We have visited the Queenstown area 8 times over the past 12 years. We have stayed at Millbrook Resort, Azur, and a lovely little B&B that has since changed hands. We thought that we would give the "luxury boutique hotel" Rees a try this time. We typically stay several days, this trip was for 5 days.
The Rees has a very lovely staff, although they are not particularly attentive unless you are directly in front of them. Example; we sat in the hotel bar area for over a half an hour and nobody came to ask if we would like to order, after 45 minutes, we left. This was usually the case when we had questions or we looking for help, we had to wait.
Our room, on the 7th floor, had a stunning view of Lake Wakatipu, and since there was a beautiful snowfall at the beginning of our trip, the mountains were divine to behold. However the room itself was less than luxurious. Modest appointments and a carpet in need of a deep steam cleaning or replacement were disappointing as was the lack of suitable storage for unpacking our suitcases for a 5 day trip.
The walk along the lake into Queenstown proper is quite lovely and very well maintained. We are in good shape (competitive runners) and timed our walks to and from Queenstown, it is 30 minutes at a brisk pace with no stopping to appreciate the wonderful beauty of nature all around.
Overall, the Rees is nice, but not nice enough to be considered luxury and it will not be on our list of hotels to revisit.
- Also Known As:
- The Rees Hotel And Luxury Apartments
- Rees Hotel Queenstown
- The Rees Hotel Luxury Apartments
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rees Hotel and Luxury Apartments Queenstown is the new gateway to the True South. We welcome you to enjoy the ultimate Queenstown accommodation experience and savor the rich heritage, vibrant culture and diverse attractions of New Zealand’s glorious Queenstown and Southern Lakes District. The Rees Hotel & Luxury Apartments Queenstown offers luxury accommodation on the edge of Lake Wakatipu, looking out to The Remarkable Mountains. The Rees Hotel is conveniently located to Queenstown Airport and a short drive away from the centre of Queenstown, and central to the wide range of high quality, year-round attractions and activities offered by Queenstown and the broader Southern Lakes District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, Otel, Priceline, Venere and Agoda so you can book your The Rees Hotel & Luxury Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.