We recently visited Queenstown in New Zealand for a 'father and son' week of adrenalin fueled activities including skiing, paintball, bungy jumping and more.
We stayed at 'The Rees' a 2 minute drive from Queenstown central. We took the serviced apartment option and got 2 bedrooms (one queen size and one king size bed), a living room, dining table, laundry, kitchen with all the kit, lounge area with TV, iPod music speakers and a fireplace.
The apartment was spacious, very clean (cleaned every day), warm and dry, important after a day on the icy cold slopes (and being shot by your child in competitive paintball situations).
Bathrooms were immaculate, the water pressure in the shower superb and the hot water seemingly endless. No bath in our apartment but each of the 2 bathrooms had a towel heater rack - nice.
High quality bathrobes were provided, clean towels are available every day if needed and the beds were made each afternoon. The bed linen was crisp, clean and white and there were plenty of blankets available.
The front counter staff were helpful and courteous, although the breakfast room team were not quite up to the mark. We did not eat dinner at the restaurant but did try the breakfast options a few times. The buffet was ok, the hot ordered breakfast patchy - good one day, average the next. So after a couple of days we just ate out in Queenstown - see my review of Captains.
There is a nice bar with large fireplace you can get a late night drink and look out across the lake to the snow covered mountains... really nice way to finish off the day.
Overall, a really great serviced apartment option.
4 out of 5 fluffy robes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rees Hotel and Luxury Apartments Queenstown is the new gateway to the True South. We welcome you to enjoy the ultimate Queenstown accommodation experience and savor the rich heritage, vibrant culture and diverse attractions of New Zealand’s glorious Queenstown and Southern Lakes District. The Rees Hotel & Luxury Apartments Queenstown offers luxury accommodation on the edge of Lake Wakatipu, looking out to The Remarkable Mountains. The Rees Hotel is conveniently located to Queenstown Airport and a short drive away from the centre of Queenstown, and central to the wide range of high quality, year-round attractions and activities offered by Queenstown and the broader Southern Lakes District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Tingo, Otel, Priceline, getaroom.com, Booking.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your The Rees Hotel & Luxury Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rees Hotel And Luxury Apartments
- Rees Hotel Queenstown
- The Rees Hotel Luxury Apartments