I stayed at the Rees for 5 nights at the end of May 2013, with my husband, and it was divine! We originally only planned to stay for 3 nights, but snowy weather disrupted our travel plans so we extended our stay, and I couldn't think of a nicer hotel to be stranded in.
Rooms are modern, stylish and spotlessly clean. Furnishings are high quality and all the minor details that you expect from a top class hotel are there. The bed was incredibly comfortable and the spa bath with view of the lake and mountains was fantastic.
Staff are friendly and helpful. Our visit coincided with my husbands 30th birthday and the hotel upgraded us from a Mountain view room to a Lake & Mountain view room, which was wonderful. Incidentally, we saw both types of room and they are identical other than the Mountain-only view rooms are on a lower floor and so the view of the lake is obscured by the building in front.
We ate breakfast at the hotel one morning and the continental buffet was top quality with homemade jams and marmalade. Room service lunch was also nice, and the True South restaurant is very fancy! We enjoyed our dinner there.
The hotel is driving distance from town but we had a hire car so this was no issue. We also used the hotel shuttle service which runs hourly.
If I'm in Queenstown again, I'd *definitely* stay at the Rees and would recommend it to friends. We got a great price on HotelClub.com.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rees Hotel and Luxury Apartments Queenstown is the new gateway to the True South. We welcome you to enjoy the ultimate Queenstown accommodation experience and savor the rich heritage, vibrant culture and diverse attractions of New Zealand’s glorious Queenstown and Southern Lakes District. The Rees Hotel & Luxury Apartments Queenstown offers luxury accommodation on the edge of Lake Wakatipu, looking out to The Remarkable Mountains. The Rees Hotel is conveniently located to Queenstown Airport and a short drive away from the centre of Queenstown, and central to the wide range of high quality, year-round attractions and activities offered by Queenstown and the broader Southern Lakes District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Rees Hotel & Luxury Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rees Hotel And Luxury Apartments
- Rees Hotel Queenstown
- The Rees Hotel Luxury Apartments