We had an executive room(whatever that's supposed to convey,and maybe they're all called that so who knows whether yours would be better or worse because the term is fairly meaningless) and it was very luxurious.All the mod-cons you could expect at the price.Big comfortable bed.Great bathroom with walk in shower plus a bath with jet spas.Toiletries and towels plentiful.Housekeeping happy to take care of any needs.Plenty of tea and coffee making facilities.Mini bar(expensive of course).TV with good range of channels.Room safe.All very clean.Lovely view of the lake and a small terrace to while away the hours outside the big glass windows.
Parking on site is free.WIFI is free in the room and there's a communal computer in reception with 30 mins use allowed free.There's a small gym available--but it really is small.
So what's the catch.Well none really except the outside of the hotel is a little ugly,a bit industrial,whereas the inside is really nice.Also you are out of town.There's a regular free shuttle bus you can use but it stops running about 10pm I seem to recall.A taxi is about 15 dollars.The walk is about 30 mins .
Would I stay again?Definitely because the price you should get on the internet is low for the standard of the hotel.Being out of town probably keeps the price down although since Queenstown can get a bit hectic maybe being out of town a short way is a plus to many people.Overall I reckon if you stay here you won't be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rees Hotel and Luxury Apartments Queenstown is the new gateway to the True South. We welcome you to enjoy the ultimate Queenstown accommodation experience and savor the rich heritage, vibrant culture and diverse attractions of New Zealand’s glorious Queenstown and Southern Lakes District. The Rees Hotel & Luxury Apartments Queenstown offers luxury accommodation on the edge of Lake Wakatipu, looking out to The Remarkable Mountains. The Rees Hotel is conveniently located to Queenstown Airport and a short drive away from the centre of Queenstown, and central to the wide range of high quality, year-round attractions and activities offered by Queenstown and the broader Southern Lakes District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and HotelTravel.com so you can book your The Rees Hotel & Luxury Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rees Hotel And Luxury Apartments
- Rees Hotel Queenstown
- The Rees Hotel Luxury Apartments