My wife and I stayed here for a week in Dec 2012 on our visit from Canada. We were very impressed with the whole facility. It is located between the airport and downtown Queenstown with a nice view over the lake.
We stayed on the top floor in Room 713-3 which has a nice balcony and an amazing view of the lake. It is a fairly spacious room with a modern, large bathroom and a nice comfortable bed. There are motorized window blinds on the windows which was a nice touch. The suite is very tastefully done. There is a mini-fridge and a small bar area as well as a nice large computer desk area with the TV, and we also had free WIFI in the room which is always appreciated.
The bathroom in particular seemed very modern and spacious with separate shower and spa tub. Also, heated towel rack and floor tiles was very nice.
The bed is very comfortable and the staff are very professional and helpful. The driveway is quite steep and narrow when there are various cars/vans/taxis parked on it, and you have to be careful driving down into the parkade as it is tight and has a very sharp turn. Nothing to worry about, you just need to take the appropriate caution.
To get from the entrance to our suite to the living area, there is a flight of stairs which makes getting heavy suitcases up and down a bit of a chore. Not a complaint, this is just to advise those who might appreciate knowing that.
We appreciated the fact that there was free laundry facilities (which we utilized) and a concierge whom we booked a few excursions through which were billed to our room - nice touch to make things easy.
All in all we were very impressed with the Rees and will definitely stay here again. It is not cheap, but in this case, you get what you pay for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rees Hotel and Luxury Apartments Queenstown is the new gateway to the True South. We welcome you to enjoy the ultimate Queenstown accommodation experience and savor the rich heritage, vibrant culture and diverse attractions of New Zealand’s glorious Queenstown and Southern Lakes District. The Rees Hotel & Luxury Apartments Queenstown offers luxury accommodation on the edge of Lake Wakatipu, looking out to The Remarkable Mountains. The Rees Hotel is conveniently located to Queenstown Airport and a short drive away from the centre of Queenstown, and central to the wide range of high quality, year-round attractions and activities offered by Queenstown and the broader Southern Lakes District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Otel, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Rees Hotel & Luxury Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rees Hotel And Luxury Apartments
- Rees Hotel Queenstown
- The Rees Hotel Luxury Apartments