We picked up the key from the office and were shown to the carport/door of our 2 bedroom apartment. There were no instructions inside the apartment, or compendium etc. with information on office hours or contact info if we needed it. We presumed they were serviced apartments but nobody serviced ours the next day. We stayed in apartment 10 (or 10a?) for 2 nights and paid $399 for 2 nights with a GrabOne voucher.
* Very clean
* Great beds, nice linens
* Spacious apartment
* Well heated
* Lovely views
* Very quiet
* Broken couch which made it impossible for 4 people to sit on it. Even 3 was a squash as the chaise part's springs were broken. This was *really* bad and so obvious. You could clearly see the couch was broken. It was SO uncomfortable. We tried to use pillows from the bed to make it more comfortable but ended up sitting on dining chairs. Not the best to watch TV on. I wish I had taken photos of the couch now as would post them here.
* Broken window handle in the toilet which with the sub zero temperatures and snow, made it a VERY cold trip to the toilet as the window could not be pull closed. The broken latch was sitting separately on the windowsill so someone knew it was broken?
* No extra or fresh towels provided. Just one small bath towel per person. We presumed these would be replaced each day.
* There was a problem with the drainage. The second day after the first person had a shower, the water wouldn’t drain. By the time the 4th person had a shower the bath was getting quite full of cold dirty water. We also noticed this in the kitchen sink upstairs and the bathroom sink.
* There was no spray & wipe or a kitchen cloth to wipe the kitchen bench with. Just a dish scrubber and tea towel were all we could find. We had to use a face cloth and water for the kitchen bench.
* Coffee/tea/sugar sachets etc. weren’t replaced each day so we ran out of these early on. If they were included in the cost of the rental they should be replenished. We knocked at the door of the office but nobody came.
To sum up:
Was advertised as a luxury apartment but was let down by the negatives mentioned above ^^. Would we stay again? It's tempting as it was a nice spot and we got a good sleep and worked out to only be $50 per person. But would request a different apartment with nothing broken and would definitely not pay more than $200 a night for a 2 bedroom apartment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alta Apartments are Queenstown's newest luxury apartments for discerning travellers preferring sustainable luxury. Nestled in the foothills of Queenstown in a quiet inner city location, Alta offers eleven self contained luxury three bedroom apartments. Some of the apartments can be locked off to create two bedroom apartments and up to five one bedroom studios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Alta Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alta Apartments Hotel Queenstown