My wife and I were looking for somewhere in Queenstown that was inexpensive, well located and comfortable. At Pounamu Apartments we certainly got that and more. We stayed in one of the studio apartments and foresook the lake view saving some cash to be used for activities instead. So, although we couldn't cook in the room we did have all the plates, silverware and cups we needed with the option of using the grill located outside our room. We did have some light breakfasts in our room and the tea provided was well appreciated by my wife. Loved the shower, the bed was quite comfy and the WiFi signal excellent. Perhaps the best part was the staff who were all as pleasant and accommodating as they possibly could be. From booking activities to making suggestions to storing our bags for a few days while we travelled to Milford Sound (after we had checked out) they were incredible! By the way, when you book an activity of more than $250 through them you have a choice of a bottle of wine or a box of chocolates as a gift. Nice, right? So, there you have it, the place that was perfect for our Queenstown stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Travellers' Choice(R) 2015 Winner - Voted #3 in New Zealand. Relax in style and soak up the spectacular views of Lake Wakatipu and The Remarkables in our 1 or 2 bedroom spacious, self-contained or serviced Apartments. Each Apartment has an open plan lounge, dining and full kitchen facilities, gas fire, under-floor heating, Sky TV, ensuite bathroom with shared laundry amenities. A separate office area with computer/printer/fax. Our Studio Rooms a like a small hotel room with kitchenette and ensuite bathroom (NO Views). Facilities include FREE unlimited Wi-Fi Internet and FREE local calls. Complimentary secure under cover Car Park with Ski/Golf Locker, BBQ area and outside Spa Pool. We also have a "Pet Friendly" Apartment. Sleeping configuration King Beds. Single beds can be requested at the time of your booking. Just a 10 min walk to Queenstown town centre and approx 20 min drive to the ski fields makes these beautifully appointed Apartments a must for your stay.Enquire about special seasonal rates and tempting promotional offers, and at Pounamu Apartments, be assured of a warm, welcoming visit to this 'Remarkable' region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Pounamu Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pounamu Apartments Queenstown
- Pounamu Apartments Hotel Queenstown