First of all let me start by saying that if I was rating service alone this place would be 10 stars. The management are just brilliant and nothing is too much trouble.
I read the reviews in detail before booking and had found that most of the negative comments were for people who had booked the 'rear studio' apartments and commented about how small and boxy they were. We were in a front (premier) apartment which had enough space for entertaining a group of four.
I would definitely recommend paying the upgrade for the view and space if you are spending anything more than a couple of nights here.
We were at Pounamu for just over two weeks and really enjoyed our stay. We had guests over for dinner, cooked roasts, watched movies and made it our home (in NZ for five weeks total) and were able to avoid having to eat out every night.
We would happily return and stay here again. Things to consider on the downside (none of which were major or would impact our decision to come back)
- Considerable traffic noise from Frankton Rd (busy) compared with Rees which is down lower and on the lake-side of Frankton
- No restaurant or gym on site
- About a 10 min walk from the heart of Queenstown (if you wanted to be part of the action - we enjoyed the walk)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in style and soak up the spectacular views of Lake Wakatipu and The Remarkables in our 1 or 2 bedroom spacious, self-contained or serviced Apartments. Each Apartment has an open plan lounge, dining and full kitchen facilities, gas fire, under-floor heating, Sky TV, ensuite bathroom with shared laundry amenities. A separate office area with computer/printer/fax. Our Studio Rooms a like a small hotel room with kitchenette and ensuite bathroom (NO Views). Facilities include FREE unlimited Wi-Fi Internet and FREE local calls. Complimentary secure under cover Car Park with Ski/Golf Locker, BBQ area and outside Spa Pool. We also have a "Pet Friendly" Apartment. Sleeping configuration King Beds. Single beds can be requested at the time of your booking. Just a 10 min walk to Queenstown town centre and approx 20 min drive to the ski fields makes these beautifully appointed Apartments a must for your stay.Enquire about special seasonal rates and tempting promotional offers, and at Pounamu Apartments, be assured of a warm, welcoming visit to this ‘Remarkable’ region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Pounamu Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pounamu Apartments Queenstown
- Pounamu Apartments Hotel Queenstown