“A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 165 activities in Queenstown
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: AJ Hackett Bungy is the world pioneer of commercial Bungy Jumping. It all started in Queenstown, New Zealand in 1988, and since then they have become an established World Leader in the Tourism Industry. Recognised for an innovative, and “outside the square” style, AJ Hackett Bungy is continually looking towards new ventures and pushing industry boundaries. Their professional crew, high operating standards, training schemes and procedures ensure an impeccable safety record.
Chevy Chase, Maryland
14 attraction reviews
“A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I had never bungee jumped before but I seriously considered jumping a second time after such a crazy/awesome experience. The place is well located, very close to Queenstown. I believe they offer bus services but we drove and there was plenty of parking. The staff is professional, knowledgeable, and the entire set-up is state of the art.

It was expensive, then again, everything around there is expensive, but totally worth it. You get a "jumper" t-shirt at the end and can buy the pics and/or video.

Visited March 2013
AJHackettB, Public Relations Manager at AJ Hackett Bungy New Zealand, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Thanks for your A-M-A-Z-I-N-G review! Yes, we do offer a bus service from The Station in town if you visit again - you are more than welcome to!

Auckland
5 attraction reviews
“Leap of Faith!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Coming into this (134m Nevis) I was very very nervous. Heights are not my thing but its something I felt I needed to do in New Zealand. For me this took place on Halloween, so being fun loving tourists we all dressed the part. It took the edge off to find the staff in the office and driver also dressed up, settled the nerves and relaxed us. The guys in the cable car were incredibly professional, explained what we needed to do, no funny business, so I took the jump and survived! Can not thank the team enough for an incredible day!

Visited October 2012
Hi Karl

Thanks for the recent review for your Nevis Bungy. I'll be sure to pass your thanks onto the team. It will bring back some great memories every Halloween from now on no doubt.....
Rijkevorsel, Belgium
3 attraction reviews
“Our first bungy jump !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

On our road trip in February with the kids in NZ, one of our first stops was AJ Hackett. We booked our jump in advance to avoid that we would chicken out!
When we arrived in the morning in the center the atmosphere was already superb (great loud music and really friendly staff). The staff arranged that between our jumps there was enough time so that the children were never alone and could watch mammy & daddy make their jump.
The guys at the bridge helped us to stay cool and make it an unforgettable experience!
Thanks to all of you!

Visited February 2013
AJHackettB, Public Relations Manager at AJ Hackett Bungy New Zealand, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Hi Sara

Thanks for your review. Hope you come back one day when your kids are old enough to jump!!
Bangalore
“A must do!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

My wife and I opted for the tandem jump and it was awesome! Though this is the not the highest jump, it is the most scenic. and having the tag 'world's first bungy' does give it a bit of charm.

Visited February 2013
AJHackettB, Public Relations Manager at AJ Hackett Bungy New Zealand, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Hi - many thanks for your recent review. What a great experience for you and your wife to look back on. Glad you enjoyed the scenery and experiencing the Home of Bungy!
Singapore, Singapore
7 attraction reviews
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Awesome experience, the guys at the Kawarau bridge were great, one gave me a good prep talk after I became too scared to jump 3 times. I finally just did it, and it was excellent, giant tick off my bucket list!

AJHackettB, Public Relations Manager at AJ Hackett Bungy New Zealand, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thanks for your review. Well done on overcoming your fears and ticking something off your bucket list.