“Jucy Cruize” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jucy Cruize Milford Sound

Jucy Cruize Milford Sound
Main Terminal of the Milford Sound Visitor Centre, Milford Sound, New Zealand (Formerly Cruize Milford)
+64 3-249 7735
Website
Improve this listing
Book ahead on Viator
$36*
and up
More attraction details
Owner description: Cruise Milford Sound with JUCY and have a JUCY experience! Relax in our uncrowded, modern catamaran while we spoil you with unlimited, close-up viewing of waterfalls, wildlife and rainforest from our three viewing decks (both inside and out).
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Auckland Region, New Zealand
10 attraction reviews
“Jucy Cruize”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Milford Sound has been on the bucket list for years and I am a kiwi! Finally got there age 26. My partner and I drove out to Milford and upon arrival asked the lady at the Jucy counter if there was a chance to get on their boat in the next few hours. No problem at all, 10 minutes to spare and we got on. What a great boat ride, wasn't too crowded, free tea/coffee/hot chocolate to keep you warm, it was very relaxed and some amazing sights! Good commentary of the area and so many waterfalls were running full, saw little penguins swimming and NZ Fur Seals too. Didn't get to see Mitre Peak as it was quite overcast so we'll be back!

Visited November 2011
jucylucy_11, Customer Service Champion at Jucy Cruize Milford Sound, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Hi there

Yay for ticking another thing off your bucket list! It’s great to hear that Milford Sound was on it and that you enjoyed your trip with us.

It’s a shame you didn’t have the best weather and missed out on Mitre Peak, but as you said it just means it gives you an excuse to come back to Milford Sound again.

Good luck with the rest of your bucket list.

Bunbury, Western Australia, Australia
“Milford Sounds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

The weather was terrible but the views of waterfalls were amazing. Our tour guide Ian was fantastic: infotainment was created for him. Bit choppy on the sea but the dolphins and sea lions we seen didn't seem to mind! Recommend!

Visited June 2012
, Customer Service Champion at Jucy Cruize Milford Sound, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Hi Dan

It's great to hear that even though you didn't have the best weather, you still enjoyed your day with us and were able to enjoy amazing waterfalls and dolphins.

We really appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback on your experience, so thank you!

Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 attraction reviews
“Keep fingers crossed for clear weather”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Pick up right at the hotel door. Driver was slightly late (we were the first pick up) but no issue as we waited by the fireplace in the hotel lobby. Maybe bus issues due to the very cold weather.

I personally enjoyed the coach trip more than the cruise. Lots of photo stops, mirror lakes was my favourite! There's a stop for a short walk (7-10 min) through the forest so you may not want to bring you brand new white sneakers. No mud, all gravel but can get slippery. Jesse, our driver, was knowledgeable and provided enough commentary without overdoing it. Even interesting for a 'NZ local' like me. Lots of unexpected issues on the day that aren't Jucy or the driver's fault meaning we had to hop on a different coach twice. All handled seamlessly; no dramas at all.

The cruise experience was only hampered by the weather; a lot of fog but it couldn't be helped. The skipper gets super-close to the waterfalls so bring a rain jacket if you think you'll want to get a "me in front of waterfall" shot or if you want to take pictures from outside. We were lucky to see a few sea lions too.

My only negative is that the bus was like an ice box when we got on.
A bit of low music on the bus would have been awesome as it's a long ride; think classic hits. ;)

Overall, it's still 5 stars from me. Great value at a special $119 deal and would definitely recommend to others.

Ok, take it away, Lucy... :)

Visited June 2012
jucylucy_11, Customer Service Champion at Jucy Cruize Milford Sound, responded to this review, June 17, 2012
Hi there

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback – we really appreciate it.

It’s fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your day with us, especially the coach ride. The road out to Milford is amazing so we always make sure that we stop enough for people to stretch their legs and get some photos, so I’m glad you enjoyed it and found our driver knowledgeable.

It is a bit of a shame to hear that there was a lot of fog during your boat cruise, but I am glad that we got you up close to the waterfalls and you got to see some wildlife!

I’m sorry our driver was late to collect you at the start of your day. Although I don’t like making excuses, as you mentioned it could have been due to the weather. I’ve passed your feedback onto our drivers in regards to the bus being an “ice box” when you came aboard and to ensure that they are turning the heaters on so the bus is nice and toasty warm when our customers get on.

Again, thank you so much for your feedback and I can assure you that all your comments will be passed onto our drivers and team.

P.S Love your photos!
AUSTRALIA
28 attraction reviews
“Excellent trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Can't recommend this trip enough, The driver was knowledgeable and couldn't do enough for us, plenty of stops for holiday snaps and the boat cruise was great too. Throw in a sandwich and an apple and all was great.
a MUST DO trip.

Visited May 2012
jucylucy_11, Customer Service Champion at Jucy Cruize Milford Sound, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Hi there

Thanks so much for taking the time to give us your feedback – we really appreciate it!

It’s fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your cruise through Milford Sound with us. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in New Zealand too!

Atlanta, Ga
15 attraction reviews
“Great Cruise of the Sound”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

We were booked on this cruise because we chose Air Milford's Fly-cruise-Fly option. It was wonderful. The boat appeared to be the smallest of all the cruise boats out. There was plenty of seating inside (why anyone would actually want to sit inside is beyond me!) and plenty of room to walk around and take pictures outside. The captain did a great job pointing out things to look at. I especially appreciated him finding the seals playing in the water (he says they were trying to keep sand flies away; I'll still pretend they were playing) and lounging on the rocks. He also drove us under one of the waterfalls for what he called an "authentic milford sound experience". It was a great cruise in a beautiful area.

Visited March 2012