“Excellent early morning breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 62 Restaurants in Invercargill
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Come in and soak up the sun on our comfy couches, try our delicious treats baked fresh daily or something sensational from our menu - chocker with local cuisine. The Batch Cafe has been voted Best Cafe in Southland 2011.
Southland
“Excellent early morning breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Had a workplace breakfast here and it didn't disappoint. We had reserved a table for our group for breakfast. They have a great menu, good coffee and attentive staff. The eggs on all the dishes were golden coloured and there were no complaints about the generous and tasty dishes we all ordered.
I had eggs benedict with ham which was plentiful and tasty. Yum!
The Batch has built a stream of regular customers who stop in for their daily coffee fix as well as other time to time visitors who can enjoy the various delights on offer. Pity you can't sample everything on the menu as it all looks good.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Nelson, New Zealand
“The Best!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I was recommended The Batch by some English tourists I met. I searched it out when visiting Invercargill and am so glad I did.
From the moment I walked in the door I felt welcome.
The guy taking the orders had a big smile on his face, was very happy and helpful and made you feel you were special.
The food was great, the mochaccino was one of the best I have had.
Definitely would be my local if I lived in Invercargill!!

• Visited March 2014
Jerusalem
“Very good brunch, never empty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

The Egg Benedict was good, and after eating here twice I can vouch that this is rightfully popular among the locals.

Israelis - this place is a somewhere between Arcaffe and Benedict, and has dishes that lie in the same price range and diversity both has to offer. If you're craving for a breakfast or brunch 'like at home', this is a good place for a pit stop.

Visited February 2014
Invercargill, New Zealand
“Always a great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

My go-to cafe for brunch or lunch. You can always get something delicious at this cafe, from light lunch meals, to gourmet sandwiches/paninis/baguettes to yummy sweet treats. On my most recent visit I had the tea smoked salmon. I love salmon but often find smoked salmon can be too overpowering by the end of the meal. This one however was delicious from beginning to end. Plenty of salad and a good sized (small) potato or kumara rosti underneath. Hollandaise sauce served on the side so I could add as much as I liked. Absolutely delicious. Would definitely have it again. Highly recommend the friands, lemon curd slice and the smoothies also.

• Visited March 2014
Invercargill
“Awesome Dining & Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

This is a wonderful cafe to relax and enjoy fine food. Great staff and always very obliging and helpful. Definitely one of the best in Invercargill so don't leave town without visiting here!

• Visited February 2014