“Great food and good service.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Otago
“Great food and good service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

If you are looking for a nice place to relax and dine out Duo is a good choice in Invercargill. Good service and great food. No better combination.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Invercargill
“Finest cuisine in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Atmosphere great. Personalised friendly service. Food to die for from a very inviting menu

Visited February 2012
Napier, New Zealand
“Good dinner: plentiful too!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

Chose this restaurant from TripAdvisor summaries.
I was a little taken-a-back when I first laid eyes on the site but initial impressions were misleading. And anyway, I came to eat, not look?
Nice home-made cauliflower soup, with garlic bread, almost a meal in itself.
Ordered a steak, cooked just fine, with pok choi & mash but I could not finish the main. Good food but too much for me that night. I doubt you will starve in Duo?
The only negative.... Why is a noisy glass dishwasher in the restaurant section making its unpalatable racket...?
Had a good meal at Duo, the food & wine is cheap compared with Queenstown. I would go back again quite happily (but I'd unplug the washer!).

auckland
“great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

Four of us dinned at Duo and we all found our meals to be delicious. I especially enjoyed my dessert, Creme Brule, it is the best I have tasted. The service was outstanding. Fiona was efficient, friendly and knowledgable about the wines on offer. The atmosphere was warm and welcoming on a cold, windy night. My only gripe it was slighty overpriced but still we felt it was value for money.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
invercargill
“not the best”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Food overpriced. Decor old. Not comfortable seating. Food felt like it had been microwaved. Had eel and it was so chewy. Could not even get knife through.

Visited December 2011