“Lovely comfortable stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 55 Hotels in Dunedin
Queenstown, New Zealand
“Lovely comfortable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Thanks Bella Vista this was a lovely stay for my family on an unplanned trip to Dunedin. Close to town, friendly hosts and was really impressed with how clean and well presented our room was..and most importantly a comfortable bed! Will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
bellavistadunedin, Owner at Bella Vista Dunedin, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thanks so much for taking time out to review your stay with us! :-) Thrilled that everything suited your needs. Yes, our beds are great and we try to keep our rooms well presented. The staff will appreciate your comment on the cleanliness. they take a lot of pride in their work! :-)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

A nice place to stay overnight. We needed a unit for the night and Bella Vista filled the bill. Modern and tastefully furnished. In a good location not too far from the centre of town. The staff were very friendly and efficient. All the usual facilities for an overnight stay were on hand and the request for more sugar was no problem at all.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for taking time out to review your stay with us! Helps others get a better idea of what to expect! Hope to see you again! Robyn and John
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

The rooms are nothing special, very compact. However has all of the necessities and believe the accommodation in Dunedin to be very similar. Free Wi-Fi however the internet was apparently down and couldn't use it at all which was disappointing. What made the stay special were the hosts. Robyn was so friendly and had so many fantastic suggestions for what to do during our stay. Walking distance to town. Would stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
bellavistadunedin, Owner at Bella Vista Dunedin, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Thanks for choosing Bella Vista Motel Dunedin. We are glad that you enjoyed the friendly service and helpfulness that we are so proud of. Yes, the Compact Studios are quite small ( as the name suggestes) but we do have other options, which may suit you better, another time. The Wifi system has now been replaced with a brand new one. It is so difficult to get these things delt with quickly when it's the weekend. We once again sincerely apologize for your frustration. We do however have a guest kiosk available for your convenience.Look forward to seeing you again in the future. :-)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I stayed here recently overnight on business, it was a real pleasure, the hosts were friendly and helpful and the rooms comfortable, great for overnight business trip and i would definately stay there next time i am down that way

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Glad you enjoyed your stay Emma, and that everything met your needs. Look forward to seeing you again! Sincerely R and J :-)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Been there just 2 weeks ago with wife and 2 five year olds. 1BR. apt. seemed just perfect. The hosts Robyn and John were as helpful and friendly as can be. A homely feel which certainly made the 4 night stay very comfortable. Location was also great with various dining options just a walk away. Certainly a highly recommended stay option..

Room Tip: We'd taken the room farthest from the road so no chance of road noise even when windows were ope...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
bellavistadunedin, Owner at Bella Vista Dunedin, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us.We are glad that you found our one bedroom family room "just what you needed" for your stay in Dunedin, and that you enjoyed the warm friendly service .All the best to you and yours for the rest of 2013! :-)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I spent January 2013 exploring New Zealand. One of my stops involved two nights at Bella Vista Dunedin. The room was a good size, clean, convenient, and comfortable. The location was good; on a main road near the northern end, and within walking distance of some facilities and attractions. Guests can enjoy free wifi, which was a nice benefit and helped me conserve my limited mobile data.

The hosts Robyn and John were exceptional. In my over 15 years of traveling, I honestly can't remember receiving a more genuine, high level of service, even when spending lots more money. It really felt like I was a guest at their home.

When I checked in, Robyn read back the comments I wrote when I booked the room, and addressed each point. This was the only time during my 14-stop trip that any hotel or motel specifically acknowledged my requests. I had requested a quiet room, and she said that all rooms were generally quiet, but suggested closing the bathroom door at night to reduce outside noise from the bathroom window. She gave me an area map and pointed out some local features that would interest me, including the nearby university campus (a lovely place to walk around) and the spectacular Otago peninsula.

They also offered assistance with bookings. I wanted to take the scenic Taieri Gorge Railway train, so I went to the office and John placed the call to make my booking. The way this usually works is you pay the hotel or motel, and they earn a commission. But John just told me to pay at the train station. I was surprised that they weren't earning anything from this, and they did this for me simply because I asked.

The free wifi works via a two-hour access code, and when that ran out, I would just return to the office, get one or two new codes, and chat a bit with the hosts there. It seemed inconvenient, but I always enjoyed the chance to chat with whoever was there.

This accommodation gets my highest rating! I would definitely stay here again. Robyn and John, thank you for providing me with a lovely and memorable visit to Dunedin.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thanks so much for your generous comments. John and I are really pleased that you loved your stay with us here in Dunedin.We are very passionate about what Dunedin has to offer and enjoy helping our guests get the maximum value out of their stay.We always try to go that "extra mile" so we are glad that you appreciated our service! Maybe we'll see you another time in the future? Very Sincerely Robyn :-) for John and Robyn
Surfers Paradise, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Reasonably priced, motorcycle friendly, close to city. Student flats next door, they get a little loud. Room very small. Staff excellent and very helpful. I use Bellavista alot, I think this one is fairly old.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
bellavistadunedin, Owner at Bella Vista Dunedin, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review your stay. We are pleased that you found us reasonably priced. Prices are usually set in line with the local demand at the time. ie Specials in the quieter seasons. We do have larger units compared to our wee "Compact" Studios if you are looking for a little extra room.Being close to the city we all have some issues with noise from time to time however we supply ear plugs free of charge to any "light sleepers".Usually our "Hush Glass" works sufficiently well though. Great that you use the Bella Vista Group regularly. People love the consistancy of the chain Hope to see you again! :-)

Been to Bella Vista Dunedin? Share your experiences!