“Stylish boutique apartment” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 55 Hotels in Dunedin
Sydney, Australia
“Stylish boutique apartment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2008

Bluestone on George is the most stylish motel I have ever stayed at. The hosts, Neville and Sandra, were friendly and offered plenty of helpful advice about Dunedin. There was a small cosy public lounge with free Internet where you can relax with a beer or wine after a day of touring (at amazingly reasonable prices!). The room was modern, very comfortable, immaculately clean, and looked almost brand new. I loved the view of the city from the tiny balcony, as well as the small details ... free plunger coffee in the room, the guest information folder with beautiful photos and even menus from the major restaurants, the beautiful bathroom fittings, etc. Our studio apartment had a smart looking stainless steel kitchenette with a microwave, kettle, toaster, quality utensils, and small fridge. Very well located, being only a 15-minute walk from the city centre, and one block from the Otago Museum and the University. Highly recommended!

• Liked — Attention to details
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2008

This was our second trip to New Zealand and a two week holiday. Bluestone on George is definitely the best accomodation I have stayed so far in my travel in southern NZ.

So, if you do visit Dunedin, do go there!! You won't regret it. As i look back at my holidays, I really miss the motel. It is so comfortable and spotless! Every where in the spacious motel, I can't find anything to fault it. No dirt, no dust at all, which really won my heart over as I am very fussy about cleanliness. I guess their standard of cleanliness is simply amazing. Cheers to the cleaner.

For the price you pay, which is below $200, you get a mini kitchen, washing machine, spa bath, balcony, double bed and single bed, sofa, tv,writing desk etc..complete with folders of detailed menus of many restaurants in Dunedin which we found useful! We didn't need to walk around to think about what to eat.

I have tried a few motels elsewhere and for the same price I paid, I can't find any that can match the standard of Bluestone on George. I believe they could had charged more for the accomodation as the facilities were really good, but they didn't to keep luxury stay affordable. It's five stars plus plus for me..
My 4 year old girl can't stop raving about the place. The spa bath was her favourite! It's big and clean with jazzcuzi.Wow......I can say it's a perfect dream accomodation for both families and romantic couples.

The service was great as well. We reached Dunedin late after a long drive and missed a tour at Speights Brewery. The owner was kind to help us contact the place and we arranged for another tour. It really made a difference to our holiday. We were really very very thankful for that.

Another motel we stayed at somewhere else, refused to help us call to arrange a horse ride and wanted us to call from our room which will be charged. When we tried to call inside, it was problematic. Frustrated, my husband decided to make a trip to the horse riding place instead and we were rejected as we didn't call for a booking. Their horses were all out. We lost the opportunity for a horse ride and my poor little girl cried in disappointment. Alas, this is what poor service can do to ruin plans.

But we were really fortunate to have made the right choice to stay here.. I can't find any other way to thank the owners of Bluestone of George other than writing to show my appreciation and sharing with everyone my experiences. Thanks so much!!!

• Liked — Service, great standard in facilities, cleanliness, free internet
  • Disliked — Nothing I disliked!
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Bluestone on George? Share your experiences!