Very poor experience with this hotel.
- Lovely furniture in the rooms, but very small.
- There was no crockery or cutlery apart from tea cups and teaspoons. This meant the microwave was a total waste of space.
- The wheel chair accessable bathroom was so poorly designed that the entire floor was covered with water after every shower, requiring two towels to dry it up afterwards.
- The bottom sheet on the bed had yellow stains.
- There was no top sheet.
- The duvet had no cover whatsoever.
- The 2 electronic door keys took around a dozen trys and several frustrating minutes every time I wanted to get back into the room.
- I put the "do not disturb" sign on my door handle, only to have someone knock and ask if I wanted my room cleaned. This was EXTREMELY upsetting as my partner and I were naked on the bed at the time, and the room was so tiny that if the door had been opened we would have been in full view of anyone in the hallway.
- There were no glasses in the dining room at breakfast time, so I went to reception and rang the bell. Twice. No one came. I wondered around looking for someone, came across the hotel bar in another room and helped myself to a glass.
I'm very disappointed and rather angry, as this place is advertised as luxury accomodation and has matching prices, which are not at all deserved.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.