Overall impressed with this accommodation, nice room with amenities, good size car park . I chose it as it was close to where my son lived, so suited my needs. Check in was efficient, it is like a mini Hotel. Only complaint was and this is something that I may think twice about booking here again is I was not informed that if paying by credit card there is an extra fee on top of the price quoted. When I booked by phone I as informed of their cancelation policy, but not the extra charge if paying by c/c, I mentioned this to the girl on reception, she just said sorry. This is the first place in Dunedin that has charged this extra. Maybe they should quote a price including c/c fee and give a discount for cash, this would be nicer than at check out you are charged more than quoted. This is not a good look for our tourist industry, I think being honest up front is important.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dunedin's Garden Hotel. 76-Rooms in relaxed garden setting. Adjacent to Dunedin Botanic Gardens; short stroll to Otago University, Stadium, Hospital, the city's dynamic shopping centre, and visitor attractions. Easy access from State Highway 1, plenty of complimentary off-street parking. McGavin's Restaurant and Bar, offering contemporary cuisine using fresh local produce. Conference rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, ACCOR, Despegar.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Mercure Dunedin Leisure Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Leisure Lodge Dunedin Hotel Dunedin
- Mercure Leisure Hotel Dunedin
- Accor Leisure Hotel Dunedin