Our booking for this hotel was pretty much last-minute, and its motel appearance concerned me. However, we needn't have worried, as it's entirely up to Mercure standards, and any architectural features are merely inherited from the surroundings. The hotel is spacious, the garden it's centred around is just gorgeous, while our standard room had ample space for a 3-star property (the same goes for the bathroom). The staff was fairly polite, if somewhat invisible. The only thing gone awry was the lack of housekeeping, for no obvious reason, but our 2-night stay was too short to go and complain about it. The botanic garden is a stone's throw away, while the town centre remains at a convenient distance even for walking, so it's a win-win. All things considered, it's a good value hotel with boutique qualities to it, even if the prices are a bit on the steep side.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dunedin's Garden Hotel. 76-Rooms in relaxed garden setting. Adjacent to Dunedin Botanic Gardens; short stroll to Otago University, Stadium, Hospital, the city's dynamic shopping centre, and visitor attractions. Easy access from State Highway 1, plenty of complimentary off-street parking. McGavin's Restaurant and Bar, offering contemporary cuisine using fresh local produce. Conference rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, ACCOR, Despegar.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Mercure Dunedin Leisure Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Leisure Lodge Dunedin Hotel Dunedin
- Mercure Leisure Hotel Dunedin
- Accor Leisure Hotel Dunedin