You added Majestic Mansions Apartments at St Clair, Dunedin to your Saves list
Majestic Mansions Apartments at St Clair, Dunedin
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   15 Bedford St | Saint Clair, Dunedin 9012, New Zealand   |
Special Offer
BOOK DIRECT- BEST PRICE!
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Wellington, New Zealand
“lovely stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We had a lovely stay at the Apartments at St Clairs. Clean and tidy, close to the beach. The second bedroom and the living room are on the small side, but it didn't worry us at all, travelling as a family of four. Well equiped kitchen with everything you need. Free wifi was much appreciated. The owners were very welcoming and gave us a great tip about visiting Kaka Point, south of Dunedin, it was a lovely spot.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

The apartments are about 5 min drive from Dunedin but right by the sea in St Clair. The apartments are spacious, very well kept with daily housekeeping. Fine for a family too.
Staff very welcoming and friendly.

• Stayed January 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Wendy and Gavin - the owners are really neat friendly southern people, that make you feel welcome and certainly go the extra mile. The apartments are like a home away from home but still very professional, well run, kept and organised.
Grounds are lovely, apartments good size, well equiped, situation is convenient, good indiviual garaging, secure at night.
Highly recommend this as a must!!!

• Stayed December 2012
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

This is a beautifully refurbished apartment block right by the sea, looked after by lovely hosts Wendy & Gavin. My mum was unexpectedly admitted to hospital and the care and kindness Wendy & Gavin gave made the painful ordeal bearable (the great apartment helped: Wifi in room and cheap overseas calls to Oz solved a lot of logistic nightmares for lots of upset travel plans and emotional angst; good restaurants right on the corner). They are genuine, warm and generous; from their first-aid assistance to offers of lift back from hospital and emergency extension of stay. Shame we couldn't enjoy the beautiful setting, but glad we were here and not anywhere else during this terrible time. Many sincere thanks for all your help and generosity Wendy & Gavin.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

You can not say that you have done,Dunedin till you have done the Majestic.That is the Majestic Mansions (Apartments at St Clair.A beautiful Art Deco Apartment Block Circa 192, tastefully restored in a mixture of subtle and subdued colours, all this and a beautiful view over a Beach
The night I arrived two and a half late I was met by Dennis with a big smile and a''Welcome and Im glad you arrived safely". As he showed me up three flights of stairs to my apartment, I could not help but notice the tasteful decor of the landings as we passed, so far so good. We reached my Apartment and i was shown into ''My Slice of Heaven', A Lounge Room, a small Kitchen,a beautifully appointed Bathroom, and a Bedroom,all rooms with a view of the sea/I was lucky enough to get Apartment 310thats a Corner and the Bedroom also a View of back over the City
Delightful.
All the rooms were tastefully decorated and had a nice feel to them. the Shower was Excellent
unfortunately I had need of the Kitchen as I was only staying one Night, even more reason to book early, but it was nicely set out as well with a Microwave and a Stove and a nice touch was
a Fridge with a Freezer not just your average Bar Fridge.In the Lounge Room there was a comfy Lounge another Chair and a Table and chairs you could sit and work at,if the the impulse should happen, but Im betting one glance out of the Window, unless you were made of stern stuff you would soon forget that.
When I did ''Hit the Sack''I was asleep without counting Sheep in seconds,another good sign, and a good mattress, All this for 165$NZ
All in all when I did Dunedin the Apartments at St Clair did me fine.

Lawrence Adams November 2012 Sydney Australia

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Whistler, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I booked the apts as I wanted to be on the water, and yes...you were on the water! Overlooking the esplanade, and it's wild ocean below these apt's have stuck out in my mind ever since staying there.

I showed up late and weary, as it was my first road trip alone in New Zealand. I was greeted by the most lovely lady, who not only got me sorted for which beaches to surf, and where to eat, but asked if I wanted to join her family for roast chicken that she had just pulled out of the oven! (The perks of travelling alone!) I did decline, as al I wanted was my bed for the night, but couldn't sleep as the roaring ocean entertained me for hours.

I wasn't given a ocean view room, but it didn't matter. The apt's was huge! A large bedroom with a queen bed, fully equipped kitchen, beautfiul bathroom and a lounging room with tv and an electric fireplace...which after working in a ski town (Wanaka) for the month, with a house that didn't have heat..I lived in front of this fireplace!

The next morning I woke up, and had gotten sick. The same lady at the counter was so accomodating for how I was feeling, even offered me some cough medicine. She pulled out a map, and even though she didn't surf, she was able to point out the best places to go and check out. I took that map and drove up and down the Dunedin Coast, nearly crashing my car several times because of the stunning views!

I would go back here in a heart beat, just to see the smile from the lady at the desk! Highly recommend this place, it was perfect and exactly what I was looking for. (It also had semi secured parking)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

This apartment block is in a perfect position if you are spending a night or a week in Dunedin. Located on the lovely esplanade end of Dunedin, the apartment we had had amazing beach views from the bedroom window.

The accommodation package was extremely reasonable - the apartment whilst not super luxurious had all that we needed, was light, warm and comfy. The rooms were exceptional clean and well set out.

The service provided by Denis and Wendy was fabulous. Our room was serviced each day - a surprise as usually when we stay in serviced apartments they may only get cleaned once throughout our week long stay. A good selection of DVDs available from their reception, and laundry was done on the day without charge.

Locally there was excellent restaurants and cafes available. Bus service was regularly - but really you would be in a car if you were out this way. Convenience stores etc were all in close proximity.

So if you want to be somewhere that is out of the rate race, with great access to the water and awesome restaurants - this is the place.

Room Tip: If a view is important, ask.