“Very enjoyable” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Very enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We went there for New Year's eve dinner. It was very busy and obvious that the restaurant was going to be booked out. Our food arrived in a timely manner with no delays and the service was good. There was a minor mishap with our table numbers when the food came out. However the staff sorted it out quickly and was very professional.

The food were really excellent, I really enjoyed my duck confit and my girlfriend really loved her lamb dish as well. I had the flourless chocalate pudding for dessert and the girlfriend had the Tiramisu, both were really good. Great selections of wines, both by the glass and the bottle.

We certainly would be back agian.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

80% Recommend
London, UK
“Nothing to shout about”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Service was really slow. I ordered the burger which was not tasty. Meat party was bland and there was too much bun. Chips were ok. On the plus side - long black coffee was good. We sat in the courtyard. Furniture is a bit tired and the owners need to open their eyes and remedy things like this.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dunedin, New Zealand
“Didn't live up to other reviews”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

The food was nice enough - the staff pleasant - the wine selection for the variety we prefer was poor. We wouldn't rave about the place and won't be back. There are other choices which are much better.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dunedin, New Zealand
“Fantastic food with great wine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Hubby took me by surprise and reminded me that as parents, eating out together is not a sin. We arrived to a busy hum and were immediately greeted by the friendly woman who came out from behind the bar to seat us (a rarity sometimes in Dunedin). We ordered souffle for entree (to share) which was divine and just the right size. I ordered pork belly for main and my husband ordered lamb with a side of vegetables to share. They arrived hot and without delay and were just divine. Dessert was affagato with coffee to follow and it was absolute perfection. I simply could not fault the service or the food. Although the restaurant was busy, our waitress was attentive and checked in with us to make sure that we had plenty of water and our needs were well catered for. After dinner, we went home feeling full and happy. I would definitely recommend No. 7 Balmac. Everyone who we have spoken to who has eaten there has enjoyed it immensely. I have also been there for lunch and for coffee and on every occasion, I have enjoyed going back. :)

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dunedin
“Our favourite for lunch or dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We love going to No.7 Balmac,the food is always fresh and the menu has plenty of choices for everyone.The service is fantastic,our meals are always served with a smile and nothing is ever a problem.The chips are a family favourite!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere