We absolutely enjoyed our stay with Peter and Anna and we highly recommend the place!
In general my girlfriend and myself we travel quite a bit and we have seen many places the last couple of years.
We never came across a place like Anna and Peter created.
To keep it short but sweet:
If you like:
- handpicked furniture pieces which are stylish but also eco friendly,
- having a shower with complete view over the bay in an open-glass-in-house shower,
- cooking in a very well equipped kitchen (by far the best we have seen in many different homes on many different continents)
- receive some homegrown ingredients (salat, carrots, eggs, potatoes, apples, etc. etc.)
--> then you are very well placed at the Hereweka Garden Retreat.
We absolutely loved it and have taken away some great memories!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury eco garden accommodation with spectacular views of Dunedin’s Otago Peninsula. Hereweka Garden Retreat offers self-contained architecturally eco-designed boutique accommodation. Located in the renowned Hereweka Garden, the secluded retreat property has the only remaining valley of native forest on the Otago Peninsula, and overlooks the breath-taking vista of Hoopers Inlet. Just 30 minutes drive from the central city in Dunedin, it is situated on the slopes of the iconic Harbour Cone, far from the noise of traffic and close to many attractions on the Otago Peninsula. ... more less