“Weekend Brunch” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Perth, Australia
“Weekend Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

We went to Brigittes for a late breakfast on the weekend. I had the corn fritters and my partner had the big breakfast. The meals are huge and the service was good. Overall we enjoyed our meals but the only disappointing thing was the lack of healthy options. They really need to include some fruit and muesli type things on the breakfast menu! The great thing is that they serve breakfast until 3pm!

Visited April 2014

Christchurch, New Zealand
“Good food, great service, shame about the parking!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Arriving on a wet Tuesday for an early sitting we were surprised at how crowded it was and were glad we had booked. My companion had the fillet steak, with potatoes and green beans and a delicious jus which I pinched and he declared the steak to be cooked beautifully, I had scallops which were divine. The 40 mins wait for our food was made easier by a gift from the chef of salmon and rice deep fried balls with a dipping aoli - really great. We finished up with a sticky toffee pudding for me and a chocolate fondant for my friend, and we were too full for coffee! Service was very attentive given how busy they were - he dropped his fork and it was instantly replaced without asking - a nice touch not often seen. Downside, the place was packed with women of a certain age, no other males which made for a very noisy evening and my male companion wondered if we had stumbled into a "special" night of sorts, given that when some left they were instantly replaced by another group of older females?

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Coffs Harbour, Australia
“Atmosphere is great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Good food. Plenty of selections to chose from. Great coffee. Excellent service. I love the French cafe atmosphere and the surroundings.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“Probably the best roasted chicken in the world”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Dined with my wife here on cold evening of December and it was an absolute delight. The cafe definitely looks a popular hangout place among neighbourhood adults as I found many of conversing loud with their pals. It's always a good sign if you find locals and families dining isn't it? The bar offers al fresco dining but on that particular day everyone were dining inside as it was around 7 degrees. The layout and furnitures looks like a typical cafe so nothing special about it.

My was feeling nauseous so she decided to eat something light so I ordered the fresh breads with dips for starters and roasted chicken with lime and butter sauce and a pineapple juice. The variety of toasted breads were fantastic and the dips were exceptionally well prepared. I was pretty impressed with how they complemented each other. Kudos the chef for the perfect selection of breads and the dips.

The roasted chicken was simply the best I ever had. I just loved from the first bite till the last. It was perfectly roasted and it amazingly juicy and sauce was buttery and the lime gave it the extra oomph factor. It was so perfect that I don't think it is possible to recreate the same dish as tasty as this ever again. The servings were huge and service was fast and friendly.

Auckland, New Zealand
“Service and food at opposite ends of table”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

An eagerly awaited return visit to Brigiittes turned into a lunch with unhappy memories.

We had eaten here before and rated the place as a 5/5. This time the service was poor, abrupt and unfriendly. Other customers who arrived after us were served ahead of us; glasses and knives and forks were dumped on our table; the meal took ages to arrive.

The quality of our food was its usual high standard but, with the service standards so low, we were happy to get out of the place without delay.

Next time we visit Christchurch, this place, which held such high expectations, will be avoided. There are plenty of other eateries in the general area and these will be patronised ahead of Brigittes.

• Visited November 2013