“The worst Thai cuisine ever.” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Auckland, New Zealand
“The worst Thai cuisine ever.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I love Thai food and this would be the most disappointing Thai I have ever eaten in NZ. I chose it as it was close to the motel I was staying at.
I almost left after the entrée, but stayed for the main and wish I hadn't. The food was terrible. I complained (in a polite friendly manner) and my complaints were met with an indifferent shrug.

Visited May 2013

Tasmania
“Very disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Terrible service. Food was extremely mediocre and expensive considering you are paying for restaurant quality service and food which was not delivered. Entrees were served in a minute from ordering, before the drinks came (minus glasses) - not a good sign. Entrees were only partially consumed before Mains were thrust upon us. There was no garnishing or attention to aesthetic detail, with side sauces straight from a supermarket bottle The plates were not even wiped clean. This is the kind of thai food you might expect westerners to cook in thai restaurant in not authentic thai people cooking in a city!
This was a bad dining experience. Definitely not the place to go for a good meal at a relaxed pace.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Christchurch
“Tasty Thai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Rang on the spur of the moment and managed to get a table for 2 on a Friday night in Riccarton (amazing giving how popular this place is).
Relaxed atmosphere, a mix of customers (after work crowd, a small group of tourists and people like ourselves who were keen for someone else to cook).
We just had mains (we noted meals going to tables were quite big). After ordering, you don't have to wait long before meals arrive. I had Chicken Pad Thai. It was very tasty, and there was so much that I took the leftovers home. Price was reasonable.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
“Do not going to this place .”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

There's a very terrible old Chinese lady . Rude n dirty .
My friend was work for them .
And you hv no idea how dirty the food u ate . Recycle rice n thai sauce .
I swear by my family life . It's true ! !!

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Toulouse, France
“A part of Asia in NZ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I was with a friend and I told her to try Thai food. We heard about this restaurant so we decided to go there. To remember my travel in Asia i took the "Pad Thai". Just marvelous.
The service could be more smiling but food and wine are really tasty. Don t hesitate and go to Thai Orchid.

• Visited March 2013