“My Favourite” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #140 of 583 Restaurants in Christchurch
Good for: Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Tavern Harewood is a local bar just down the road from Christchurch International Airport. We have live music on a Friday & Saturday night, live sports and great dining for around $20. Come on down, were sure you will have a great time...
“My Favourite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Have been dining at Tavern Harewood for 10 years off and one, it is fantasic value, the trouble is that word has got out and now it is sooooo busy! Food never dissapoints though. The price is unbelieveable and I do beleive that is hasn't chagned for at least 5 years. Amazing. The staff are great, in particular Robert, who is a bit of an icon at Tavern Harewood, place would not be the same. Went last night with 14 people, hadn't been for approx 6 months, next time i won't wait that long. Keep it up Tavern Harewood your a winner!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Christchurch, New Zealand
“Social setting with good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

After a lazy Thursday at home, my partner and I decided to stop by for an early dinner before going to the movies. When we arrived, we sat in a booth in the bar area rather than the restaurant as there were no other people there. We were served promptly with a smile, and our entrée came out within 10 minutes. Our mains were delicious, nothing fancy but definitely worth your money and the size was good. We had a rare steak which was cooked perfectly and the pasta. We will definitely going back. The atmosphere was busy as a lot of people prefer after work drinks on a Thursday, very casual and social, yet nice and tidy.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hokitika, New Zealand
“The Tavern Harewood Great Gourmet dining!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

A few days ago during a return to Christchurch from overseas I was pleased
to have had dinner at the Tavern Harewood which was situated reasonably close to my
accommodation in Harewood. I'm so pleased I did.The restaurant and bar was very
clean and tidy and the staff were very kind and friendly to me making me feel welcome.
The waitress Tamara who served me was lovely and welcoming towards me when
meeting me at the restaurant. I enjoyed abeautiful goumet style chicken dinner with a nice
sauce and vegetables for a modest $20.(Great value!!) The hotel also had live entertainment
with a band that ensured a great relaxing New Year's Eve night out!
I highly recommend the Tavern Harewood restaurant and bar for anybody looking for great dining at a great price while in Harewood.Top Marks for Top Service!!

Andrew

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Excellent Meal for a reasonable price.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Very friendly staff prompt service and excellent meals, value for money, we have taken many friends and they share the same views. We visit Tavern Harewood regular

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Pub”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

enjoyable meal but noisy bar only disappointment was the dessert , a cheesecake which was hard as rock.Never heard of an icecream cheesecake before it wasn't melting either. .

• Visited October 2013