“Yummy falafel” 4 of 5 stars

Re:Start Mall, Christchurch 8001, New Zealand
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 579 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Greek
Description: Due to the earthquakes of 2010&2011 we are now working out of our caravan at the Re:Start Mall. To keep in touch with us you can find us on Facebook. Thank you for your continued support.
Seattle, Washington
“Yummy falafel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

I've eaten at the caravan on Cashel Street twice now. Both times, I've had a small falafel, which is tasty and filling. They are quite messy, but worth it. I brought my dad and sister here on their recent visit to Christchurch. My sister also enjoyed her falafel and Dad enjoyed his lamb souvlaki. Recommended for a quick lunch at the Re:Start mall!

Visited March 2014

Nottingham
“Street food at its best but need to concentrate on customers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

The food is great and we really loved our souvlakis. This is a caravan based operator in the ReStart mall and I believe is here because their restaurant was damaged in the earthquake. Food was very tasty and there was plenty of it. Just one criticism and I have now noticed this twice in New Zealand; the friendly servers are very easily distracted by others who speak to them. They will switch away to chat to others who distract them. In this case other than it just being plane rude to be ignored whilst a private conversation took place nothing went wrong. It could easily have done so. Why can't the servers here just concentrate and do their jobs!!!

Visited January 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Kiwi Greek institution in the making”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

You go to Dimitris caravan for souvlakis. Not the kind you find in traditional Greece, but good and tasty anyway. Beef, chicken, lamb or combo. Single or double. Sauces. That's about the extent of the decision making required. Doubles are massive. All sizes and contents come with shredded lettuce and sliced tomato. I had a double lamb: tender, delicious and more than I could eat. The pita breads are quite thick, and attempting to enclose all the contents of a double into one proved a Herculean task - be prepared to eat with some deconstruction required. But hey - who complains about too much food for $12? Paper knapkins, plastic utensils and a plastic carry bag are all provided. My tip? Skip room service at your hotel - get a takeaway from Dimitris and eat by the river bank. You'll do yourself a favour, and the ducks will thank you too. If driving there is plenty of opportunity to park at the river end of the REStart mall, including an offstreet open lot, and that's the closer end to Dimitris. An institution in the making.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Unbeatable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

No one has ever beaten the delicious fresh taste of Dimitris Greek Food, nothing can stop them either with 3 major earthquakes in their way they have been going strong ever since. Make sure you grab one of these available in the Re:Start mall in central Christchurch. Mmmm I might go get myself one now.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Best Souvlaki in Christchurch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

One of my favourite things to eat in Christchurch. Operating out of a caravan in the re:start mall.
Service is always cheerful even when incredibly busy. We only waiting around 10 - 15 minutes for our souvlaki even though there were more than 20 waiting before us.
Lamb souvlaki was an excellent combination of flavours and the lamb was cooked perfectly.
Limited seating but easy enough to sit under a tree in the re:start mall.

• Visited October 2013