“Exceptional!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
nelson
“Exceptional!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

We had the most incredible meal here. We tried 5 different tapas dishes between us. Each was exquisite. The most amazing one was stuffed jalapeno chillies filled with soft cheese, crumbed and fried served on a carrot salad with smoked goats cheese and hazelnuts. We had churros for dessert. The cocktails were yummy too. Excellent service. We sat in the bar as all the tables were booked but it didn't matter, we still had a fabulous time.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Norman E, General Manager at Tequila Mockingbird, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear traveller3212,
It was wonderful to see that you enjoyed our Chilli Rellenos, they are one of my favourite dishes also. It was great to see that you all had an enjoyable time sitting at the high top tables in the bar - it is fast becoming a great seating option for those who seek something a little more casual.
I have passed your comments onto out bar team also.

Thank you again for posting and happy travels.

Singapore
“Quality food but costly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

We loved the ambience, service, and the convenient location. Might want to take note that the food are of very small portions. Pricey for the quantity but they were good! We had the spiced pork, steak, potatoes and scallops - particularly loved the pork and steak.

Dear Wanderrrrlustt,
Thank you for your review. I was a surprised to read that the portions were a little small for the price paid. I assume that there were two of you dining and on that assumption your food spend would have come to $26 per person from the items listed.
Our staff recommend to all our guests a sufficient amount to order. We would have suggested a few more dishes at least and perhaps a desert to share. Even with these dishes your dinner bill per person would still be in the 30's which I think is more than reasonable given our offering as a whole.
I was happy you enjoyed everything else and hope to see you back again should the opportunity arise.

Hamilton, New Zealand
“very nice food but a little small”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Had a business dinner and ordered the banquet. The food was very nice with sharing plates and very nice flavors. My only criticism is the amount of food. For $150.00 for 3 people we all felt that we could have had more dishes. Would go back but order individual plates as this seems better value.

Dear Russdi,
I was happy to read that you enjoyed the dishes that were on offer at Tequila Mockingbird and for your 5 star review. I was surprised to see though, that you did not feel the 5 course Comilona menu was true value for money. We have been overwhelmed by the positive feedback of this menu and note that Luke D in his review on the 11th of May even makes special mention that the same menu for him was 'a mere $50.'
We truly feel this is the best value for money offering and stand by this.

Thank you again for your review and your patronage. I hope we can welcome you and your party back to Tequila Mockingbird should the opportunity present itself.

“What a experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

I recently dined in there with my girlfriend and another couple, we knew that tapas style mince share so we try a bit of dishes.
I absolutely loved it as all the others!
I recommend venison, pork cubes and salmon with a dessert of churros are divine!
Very nice ambience i'll defiantly come back.
Well done Tequila Mockingbird

Visited May 2014
Norman E, General Manager at Tequila Mockingbird, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Dear Davide P,

Thank you for your review, it was great to see that you, your girlfriend and guests enjoyed their time with us. It was wonderful to see that you were all able to share a variety of dishes over the course of the evening. We will be revising our menu leading into winter so there will be new dishes for you to try if you are able to visit us again.

Christchurch, New Zealand
“A magical experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

Thank you to Norman and the team for a fabulous afternoon. Best tapas I've ever tasted. We were a huge work party and you managed us so well. The food was outstanding and the Sangria took me back to my earlier years of traveling Europe. Thank you once again.

Visited May 2014
Norman E, General Manager at Tequila Mockingbird, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Dear Vwbaby2014
I was delighted to receive this review from you. It was a pleasure to be able to look after you all, my team and I really enjoyed the afternoon also. I have passed your compliments onto Mark who was up early that morning preparing the jugs of Sangria which you make special mention of.

Thank you again for this review and I hope we can make this a regular event!!