“Not bad, probably not worth the money” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Not bad, probably not worth the money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I've been to Sevanti's a few times, and I always like it enough to go back, but it's certainly not somewhere I'd rave about. The food is nice enough, there are lots of gluten free options and it's got a decent atmosphere but it's just so expensive for what you get. I found the service very slow, it took at least an hour for our food to come out, the waitress didn't understand half of what we were asking for, and I found it ridiculous that they were unable to provide food off the lunch menu (as we had a number of food allergies at the table, the lunch menu had the better options).

The food itself was okay. Three people at the table ordered the steak - they said it was nice enough but the meat probably wasn't very high quality - they were also slightly overcooked, one person ordered the rack of lamb which again was okay but nothing to rave about, another ordered the fish on risotto which she said was a bad combination and I ordered the crispy chicken which wasn't too bad but the chicken was a little overcooked. For the price you pay, probably not worth it, yet it probably won't stop me going back again.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

new zealand
“Average food, poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We went to Sevanti on a Friday night for dinner with friends. The restaurant was not overly busy but the service was not great. The waitress definitely needed some training - she interrupted our conversation abruptly on a couple of occasions without so much as an excuse me, delivered the bottle of wine to the table and plonked it down with the glasses, then asked if we wanted her to open it and pour it!! Immediately after our meal she asked if we wanted to see the dessert menu and when we replied we would like a rest but would look at it a bit later, she disappeared and we did not see her or any other wait staff again. No dessert, no coffee offered. In fact from the time we finished eating the distinct impression was they wanted us to leave even though it was not busy and no one was waiting. The food was okay but nothing spectacular and was very overpriced. The decor is more fitting to a cafe than a restaurant. We would probably not go back.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Don't go if you are hungry...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Beautiful food. nice, attractive on your plate. but for the price you pay, should be at least 50% larger. They then ask if you want dessert, and of course you do,,, you are still hungry, but you've already blown your budget.
Nice atmosphere, and nice place to meet for coffees.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
new zealand
“Nice suburban restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My mother & I had lunch at Sevantis during the week. It was a nice restaurant for a casual lunch. We both had food off the brunch menu which is available until 2.30pm. I had pancakes and my mother had the Eggs Benedict, which we enjoyed. The staff were really polite and the service was quick. The restaurant was about half full and wasn't noisy at all. I would definitely go back again for lunch.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Perfect for Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Sevantis is a friendly welcoming restaurant in the suburban area of Burnside.
The food is consistently good and reasonably priced.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere