“Certainly not the worst in Christchurch” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #292 of 583 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
“Certainly not the worst in Christchurch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

This pub ticks the boxes that a Speights pub should. Yes it has average food, average drinks and an average atmosphere but surely the attraction is that you know what to expect from this sort of establishment, its average but reliable.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Christchurch, New Zealand
“Average restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

Bacon and egg scarfie pie got the thumbs up,fish of the day was ok,having had the cous cous at another speights ale house I should have had that here.cost $65 for 2 beers and 2 meals.service was passable.I class this speights as an average restaurant

“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We've been here many times and the food and service is always good. I often can't finish a main meal because the size is generous, but that is great for men like my husband who loves a big steak.

Visited May 2012
Christchurch, New Zealand
“hugely embarrassed and lost of face”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I went to the Speight Alehouse Ferrymead on 29-NOV-2012 with some guests and wanted to show them a good time, we ordered a variety of items from the menu including 2 steaks, the Half Pound R/Eye $33.50 and the Flintstone Steak $38.00. When the 2 steaks came out, the Flintstone was burnt with the taste of charcoal all over it and the Half Pound R/Eye was meant to be a medium steak but it was really well done and was hard, dry and chewy. I told the waitress and she took it back to the kitchen and she came back apologizing and offered to remake the meal. I wanted the meals remade but to takeaway, because by that time we where put off from eating there. The waitress went and came back to advise me that their takeaway policies do not allow for takeaways meals, so she offered to have the entries taken of which was about $25 in total, because our steaks went back in the kitchen and did not come back out I thought the steaks where free of charge. But after I had paid and checked the bill, they had still charged me for the 2 steaks that we did not eat. Because I had guests with me and did not want to make a fuss and left. But it left me felling rotten all night as I know that my guests did not get to eat their meals and I felt hugely embarrassed and lost of face

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Derby, United Kingdom
“Good atmosphere at the Ferry.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

The food is superb and plentiful, the prices are average,but the specials board is good value.Would recommend for good family grub.

Visited October 2012