“Better Burgers at BurgerKing” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Hamburgers
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Better Burgers at BurgerKing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I recently dined at Burgers and Beers in Cranford Street and was appalled at the burgers we received. Whilst they may think it cool to serve the burger in a brown paper bag this actually allows the burger to steam so that it ends up a soggy mess.The bun was soft and flat and unappetising and the meat didn't even have that chargrilled taste one expects. The chips were a soggy too.
If you want to know how a burger should look and taste go visit the The Brewery at the Tannery at Woolston and order the Cassels burger with smoked chilli mayo. Andrew Brown you should be ashamed!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Christchurch, New Zealand
“Awesome burgers!! Great place for lunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I love a good burger and was very happy with the one I received here. It's more of a fast food burger place so probably not the best if you are looking for a fancier restaurant. It's a casual burger joint.

I had the pulp fiction burger that I thought was pretty awesome. I love a burger with cheese, pickle and a lot of lettuce so it was perfect for me. And the special sauce added to it! The fries it came with were a huge quantity and went really well with the gravy! For a big burger, fries and beer for a little over $20, I was happy!

The inside is a diner type of place and has some cool artwork around the place. The staff were very friendly and liked the free coffee they offer.

I'm happy to see a place like this in Christchurch, and I would definitely go back!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Great Girls lunch venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Went to B&B with my future daughter-in-law, daughter and baby grand-daughter for lunch when on a shopping mission. Service was quick and friendly, chips and gravy were yummy - who knew that combo would work so well?? Burgers big and juicy and all of us were very satisfied and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. One portion of chips easily fed three of us ladies, so although the meal deal is great if you're a hungry bloke, we ordered a burger each and shared some fries (one of us ordering the meal deal with the fries and drink) and that was more than enough. Burgers were tasty, music was good, so a thoroughly enjoyable lunch was had by all. Would recommend as worth a try and certainly for blokes with a big appetite in a relaxed atmosphere well worth a look and a taste! :-)

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Not that great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Thought I'd try out this burger place as I've seen it while in the area. Its like a diner except that you order at the counter and they shout your number and you collect your food, sit down and eat. I was greeted warmly by the lady behind the bar and she was very helpful in helping with the menu. I ordered and sat down to wait. It was a Saturday night and was full of teenage groups having a good time. The ambiance was good with a lively atmosphere and people were having a good time. My order was called out and I collected my bags of food and sat down to eat. When I bit into the burger I was really disappointed. I expected more flavour but it was just plain bland. The bread bun was soft and the chips and gravy was a welcome combination since I'm from the north of UK and chips and gravy is part of our staple diet!! The meat was just not up to scratch. Hopefully I've just caught them on an off day as the place seems popular enough. I did not try out the beers so cant tell you what they were like.
Will I go back? Probably not, there's far too many eateries out there to still try out.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Really Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Great burgers and nice gravy with the chips! Love the concept. Well done!! The beers also looked good, but was driving.

Visited August 2013