“Divine food - excellent service!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 600 Restaurants in Christchurch
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Costas Taverna is a place to celebrate the simple joys in life... family, friends, conversation and great food.We will always do our very best to ensure you receive great value, fast, efficient, friendly service, and outstanding food sourced from the best and freshest local and imported ingredients.We believe that eating great food, in good company is one of life’s greatest pleasures, so sit back,relax and celebrate the moment!
Singapore
“Divine food - excellent service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We came here because I was dying for some greek food because there's no Greek restaurant in Queenstown.

This place didn't disappoint. The food is incredibly good and our server Elpi was amazing, super friendly.

I loved it all! The meze platter was really yummy. The tzatziki is incredible. My highlight was the flaming Saganaki. Yum!

Decor was great, was super busy on a Sunday night which shows its very
popular. I recommend booking
ahead for a good table.

We were SO full, but the dessert menu looked amazing so had to try some. The chocolate mousse mountain was incredible and the baklava was the best I've ever tried.

Can't wait to go back next time we are in Christchurch.

Christchurch, New Zealand
“Best restaurant!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Wow, amazing place!! Had my first visit to Costas last night for my birthday with some friends. We all had an amazing time, food was out of this world amazing!! Steph our waitress was just lovely. Cannot fault Costas at all and we will definately be back for sure. HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend Costas!!!!

“Fabulous Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Wow what an amazing restaurant.
The souvalaki platters are yummy!
Great service and yum food, what more could you ask for.

• Visited May 2014
Arrowtown, New Zealand
“I would be at this restaurant every week if I lived in Christchurch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

What a find, it is my new favourite restaurant. On a Tuesday night it was full, so don't just turn up and expect to be able to eat, make sure you book.
First of all we encountered the lovely Floss. What a charming waitress she is. Always smiling, attentive, couldn't have had better service, great.
The choice of food is very good, there were four of us and we shared an entree of calamari. I'm not a great fan of calamari, but my husband is and he loved it.

For our mains we had Fresco Lemonato Chicken, Chargrilled Lamb Salata, Fishermans catch,and Village style Klefiko. Every time a dish was delivered I kept on thinking I wish I had ordered it. I thought being in a Greek restaurant I should have ordered something really authentic and not just fish, but I was so happy with what I got. The fish was georgous. Everyone said their meals were so tasty. These meals ranged in price from $22 to $28, excellent price for such great food.

One of the great things they have is a dessert menu with mini desserts. The prices are $3 to $5. Of course they have big desserts as well, but normally we can't manage desserts so it was refreshing to find we could have had a mini one.

I created the major drama of the night by loosing my credit card between leaving our table and getting to the desk to pay. The woman at the desk was so helpful looking for it, as were the other waitresses. Thank you guys, you were great.

Please, please open a branch in Queestown!

Arrowtown, New Zealand
“Excellent food and great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

The food here is just so tasty you wonder where others go wrong. The Fresco Lemonato Chicken is just superb with so many different flavours and terrific value at $23.50. The service was as good as it gets and overall the place is impossible to fault. Would definitely recommend

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere