“Average Italian” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Average Italian”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

I was expecting a bit more from this restaurant. The garlic bread came just wrapped in tin foil. Pretty tasteless sauces with the pasta. The Pizza wasn't much better. I do cook a bit of Pasta and Pizza myself so maybe spoiled. I doubt I would go back there.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

Christchurch, New Zealand
“Cheap and cheerful not authentic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We went for a quick bite. Both ordered pasta- chicken and chorizo and pistachio.
The former was quite hot, the latter creamy and sweet.
Ths is honest ( if not rough) food served in a pub type environment.
Don't go here if you want authentic or refined italian.

Monday's they do a 2 for 1 large pizza night.

Staff were attentive and accomodating. Would be an ok place to take young kids.

Visited January 2013
Palmerston North
“AYA food -Christchurch Style”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

AYA -adolescent and young adult food. Having nieces and nephews to feed, La Porchetta's takeaway pizza filled the bill. We ordered take way pizza and the order was ready when we arrived at the restaurant. It was a short drive away however the journey seemed so much longer with the temptation of delicious pizza within reach. Consumed with gusto the pizza was soon a flavoursome memory interspersed with conversation and now a good memory for all.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
“Great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I am not a big fan of either pizza or pasta but the rest of my family is, reluctantly we stopped to dine here one night while on holiday! I was so impressed, mostly with the customer service (and their pizza grew on me) that we went back 2 more times on our 10 day holiday. My kids loved the food, as did my husband! We had a special request of just some plain pasta for our baby, no problem. Nothing was a problem to the staff... Sometimes you go places & staff um and errr when you ask for something to be changed or a little different, but it seems to be a YES motto at this place and that wins customers! Thank you La Porchetta.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Helpful Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My choir members were looking for a place to relax for a while after choir practice and we made abee-line to La Porchetta on Cranford Street, where we were made very welcome, with a table reserved for us. We weren't there for a meal (which the waiter found hard to understand!!), but a bowl of chips and a quiet drink was what we were after. Service was smart, staff was friendly and the food was appropriate for the occasion. We'd go back again, perhaps for a more extensive repast next time.

• Visited November 2012