“warm and welcoming” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Eliza's Manor Boutique Hotel

Save Saved
You added Eliza's Manor Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Eliza's Manor Boutique Hotel
4.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   82 Bealey Avenue | Central City, Christchurch 8001, New Zealand (Formerly Eliza's Manor on Bealey)   |
Ranked #2 of 111 Christchurch B&B and Inns
White City
“warm and welcoming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Travelling from Canada for a month long trip around N.Z. and Aus. We stayed at the Manor after 10 days travelling aroung New Zealand, before moving on to Aus and could not have asked for a better place. We felt so much "at home" there and Harold and Anne were awsome. I even found out that I was born about 5 miles away from where Harold was born. in England...small world.
We have already recommended this quaint, beautiful place to all of our friends and IF we ever get the chance again we will definately revisit.
Thankyou so much for the great experience.

Room Tip: Have the I-site people help you. They are super.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

285 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I travelled to Christchurch from Marlborough New Zealand and had a wonderful 2 nights at Eliza's. The ambience of the Manor is exceptional, the rooms are delightful and the breakfast superb. It is so good to see this beautiful historic villa restored and operational again after the earthquake devestation of the last 2 years...it is a beacon of hope!
Ann and Harold are wonderful hosts and looked after every need, in a friendly and efficient manor. Well done, you both fully understand what hospitality is all about.

Room Tip: They are all lovely in their own way.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Loved or stay there.from the word go we were made to feel welcome even though I was caught raiding their fig tree. Great touring advice got us on the right track immediately a did the advice about where to eat. Lovely and friendly people who made or first night in nz a memorable one. More than I can say about the Hermitage at Mount Cook.

• Stayed April 2013
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stayed here for 2 dates (March 31 and April 15, 2013) to start and end a tour of the South Island. My experience began before ever arriving as Ann assisted in my pick up from the airport after some wires got crossed. Ann instantly became the face of my tour (a different company). Exceedingly helpful and pleasant with a walkabout map plan and looking after luggage storage, I was grateful I was coming back to this to end the tour as well. Ann again assisted with some crossed wires at the end of my tour and got me back to the Manor in one piece with a smiling welcome "home". By far the most pleasing aspect of the stay for me was Ann and Harold (helps that he is a fellow motorcyclist).

As for the Manor, if you like old homes with character this is your place. Built in the late 1800's, I like the wood and the odd creaky floor and traditional look and feel. I stayed in 2 different clean and tidy rooms and slept like a baby in both. Bathrooms were neat and clean, and both had a supply of home baked ANZAC cookies (you'll see...yummy stuff). The breakfast (continental and cooked) options are top notch in my book. Great coffee and a fig tree provided a really nice touch.

If you don't mind a bit of walking the park/museum/gardens, several restaurants and downtown/ReStart are all within reasonable reach.

One very small con is pay-for-use wifi, but at least it's available if you really want it. There is a community computer available if absolutely necessary.

Overall I would not only stay here again myself but recommend it to friends if Christchurch was on their itinerary.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Just wonderful to stay in an old style house in the middle of Christchurch. It has been repaired and back to it's full glory. The breakfasts are great, tasty and filling.
Each room has its on facilites and each room is different. We stayed there with other family members, booking out the whole house for a function downstairs. The hospitality and catering was very good. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Haifa, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed in Eliza's Hotel for one night at March 7th 2013, before receiving our caravan and we enjoyed every moment. Ann and Harold are great hosts and are happy to take time to explain what we should do and where we should go.
Breakfast was excellent and the house is lovely.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Besancon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had a short but lovely stay at the Eliza's (we even experienced an earthquake quite impressive!)
The teddy bear we've been given and the service were sweet, we did not have time to take a breakfast there but the room was nice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Eliza's Manor Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!