“Great for early or late flights” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Airport Lodge Motel

You added Airport Lodge Motel to your Saves list
Airport Lodge Motel
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   105 Roydvale Avenue | Harewood, Christchurch 8005, New Zealand   |
Ranked #106 of 142 Hotels in Christchurch
Melbourne, Australia
“Great for early or late flights”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed here on our last night as we had a 6.30am flight out. It's only a few minutes to the airport, but we barely heard any noise from either the airplanes or the other guests. Its interior is pretty dated and the kitchen isn't too flash, but for the price, it was just what we needed. The lady at reception was also very nice and the free dvds were great. If you need the internet, as with a lot of the wi-fi schemes in NZ, it's cheaper to set up and pay for an account online using your credit card than buying the pre-paid card from reception. I think it was $20 for 24 hours for the card, and only $10 using credit card online.

Room Tip: I think they're all pretty much the same.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This place is kind of holiday park meets 1970s motel. It's the kind of place i imagine is used by the welfare department as emergency accommodation. It's horrible and I couldn't agree less with the other reviewers.
On the plus side the WiFi ($15 for 24hours) was excellent and the TV worked. The kitchen was not functional but clean and welcomed as nothing was open on New Years day in Christchurch.
If you have no where else to stay this is a clean option........

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Airlie Beach, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We stayed overnight here at the beginning and end of our NZ trip. It's very close to the airport so very handy for late/early flights, but is also very quiet. Their airport shuttle service runs from 7am to 2am which is a great asset. We had a luggage problem on arrival but the staff did all they could to resolve it and were very helpful generally. The double room was roomy and comfortable with full cooking facilities, and the bathroom was adequate. The only minor inconvenience was that we had a long walk, or a bus ride, to find a good place to eat. We'd certainly stay here again for an overnight stop.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary, AB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

My family stayed just one night between our campervan adventure and our flight home. We were very needy guests for the 12 hrs we stayed.

I needed to get back to the campervan depot to retrieve forgotten items, and John at reception assisted me in finding transport. He also gave plenty of advice and information to make our day smooth.

The next morning at 4am we left for the airport and quickly had to return to retrieve a forgotten bag, and upon waking John he was happy to help.

Further to that, John contacted me to tell me I had forgotten out iPad and that he would mail it to us. Apparently, my family doesn't function well at 4am. John was and is very helpful and willing to do what's needed web for troublesome guests like us

Thanks, we happily recommend staying at this great motel!

The Reynolds,
Canada

• Stayed December 2012
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We booked a motel with one room but was offered with two bedroom motel without additional cost. Maybe its just luck for us or wrongly assigned. Anyhow, the motel was very big with individual heater, complete cooking facilities, dvd player etc even with heated blanket. Very close to the airport and many car rental depot in walking distance, so you don't need to call a taxi after return your van or car. Their free shuttle is after 7:00 am but they still can arrange a taxi if you need to go early to airport.

The staff is not many there especially after hour, so if you required a late check in please let them know early.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

Thanks to Jetstar, we flew into ChCh late one night and needed a place to stay before our drive to Marlborough. This place was one of the only to cater for 4 individual beds, so we booked. While it was expensive for what it offered, they pick you up and drop you back to the airport - which was appreciated.

We stayed here for approx 9 hours. Decor is average, but the amenities are good for a quick stay. Try and get a good rate - but if you need a place to stay in transit or close to the airport (with shuttle) then give it a go.

• Stayed November 2012
Brisbane Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I chose this motel because the accommodation I normally use was full
I chose this one because it was relatively close to the airport and provided free airport transfers
I checked into my room and ttold the Asian gentleman manning the desk that my son would be arriving on the 11.45pm flight that night and would be requiring a transfer.
I was told , no problem, , ensure he rings the 0800 number and he would be picked up
My son duely arrived at the airport and rang the number which automatically went to an answering machine saying please leave a message which he did.
After waiting 5 minutes without hearing anything rang again and again an answering machine,.
Another 5 minutes went by with the same response.
My son , in desperation then rang me on my mobile , woke me up and I had to pick him up in the middle of the night in a strange city.
When we returned to the motel the courtersy van was still parked there!!!
When I questioned the same staff member about the answering machine , he apologised and said they had forgotten to turn the phone over !!
He then offerred to arrange a wake up call for our early morning departure the next day..no thanks..I'm not going to risk it thanks and we made our own way back to the airport
Whilst this motel is clean it is very old , tired and well worn
You can do much better elsewhere

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Airport Lodge Motel? Share your experiences!