“It's amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #26 of 579 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Description: We are a relocated restaurant from the city due to the earthquakes. After the Earthquakes we managed to start up again this time as a takeaway with outdoor seating and making great use of a 40ft container which we converted to a 40ft Kitchen, Our Chefs are still serving restaurant quality food, at takeaway prices. We have a busy little spot so wait times can average between 5-15mins for your meal , txt orders are a good way to go on a wet day ... We look forward to seeing you here. Just remember when placing feedback ..If you have had a problem let us know straight away so we can resolve it, it's hard to be given a opportunity to fix things if you don't tell us.
Upland, California
“It's amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2014 NEW

You must try this place. The food is so delicious. The owner is such a true example of New Zealand hospitality. Very friendly and welcoming. Every dish we had we would rate a 10! Spicy fried rice and pad Thai was incredible. You won't regret this one. Please give it a try.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Orewa, New Zealand
“Cheap and Cheerful and Tasty!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2014 NEW

Close to our motel and we like Thai food. We were not disappointed, tasty food and quickly served. There is a small outside eating area and they give you sporks although it is mostly a takeaway. Food was hot and nicely packed.

Visited December 2014
“This takeaway rivals restuarants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2014 NEW via mobile

Read the reviews and thought we would go check it out, cool wee setup very creative thinking to build a commercial kitchen out of a container and it's all dressed up with graffiti art all over the outside.
The menu has a really good range of Thai dishes the young girl helped us pick some of our meals, the portion size was great value for money and came with a steamed rice. The spicy chicken lemongrass was the best I have ever had and my wife's pad Thai was another 10/10, them to top it off the most amazing fresh spring rolls ever. I would definitely recommend this place, I'm becoming a regular like everyone else now.

• Visited December 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Delicious food but wrong order”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2014

We ate here for our last night in NZ after hearing recommendations. The food was relatively quick but I didn't realise until I was back at my hotel that they had given me the complete wrong order. It was some sort of pork dish instead of the satay tofu that I ordered. I picked out all the pork and the meal was still delicious but this did put a damper on it for me.

• Visited December 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Queenstown, New Zealand
“Not as good as the reviews suggested”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2014

While the reviews did encourage us to get some Thai food from the Thai Container we were a little disappointed. I am a big fan of good Thai food and I'd have to rate the dishes we got from this place as average - not bad food, but not memorable. The Massaman curry was light and watery - not the way I am used to it in either a good Thai restaurant - or in Thailand where I go frequently. However it is a unique takeaway diner being served from a converted container so I guess the novelty factor has some merit.

Visited December 2014