“Friendly and clean” 5 of 5 stars
Review of M&Y Guest House (Airport Green)

You added M&Y Guest House (Airport Green) to your Saves list
M&Y Guest House (Airport Green)
360 Yaldhurst Road, Christchurch 8042, New Zealand (Formerly M&Y Guesthouse)   |
Special Offer
Deal if booked by email
Ranked #25 of 131 Christchurch B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sydney
“Friendly and clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Yan had just arrived back from overseas and was off to work early in the morning, but still waited up for us to arrive from a late flight. She had the slippers waiting and the bed turned down, and gave us a quick tour of the facilities before we retired to the blissfully comfortable bed.
As other reviewers have said, this is a B and B rather than a hotel, so we were able to make ourselves coffee and toast from the breakfast selection in the morning, though we could have had cereals and a choice of other beverages. The guest lounge was large, with TV, comfortable chairs and a good selection of tourist brochures.
Most notable about the whole experience was Yan's communication. She sent us several emails and also left a note on the front door so we knew we were expected and there were no surprises. What a lovely person! While I was initially sceptical about all the glowing reviews, I am now so glad we stayed there.

Room Tip: If there is a room not facing the road, traffic noise would be less intrusive
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I stayed here when I had just come from Blenheim and was on my way to Cairns last October. I don't usually write reviews but this place is worth it. The lovely man who owns the hostel(his family live underneath) picked me up from the airport and as I had forgot to buy my favourite coffee before I went back to Australia so, he kindly went via the supermarket so I could get some. I tried to give him $5 to say thanks but he wouldn't take it as he was happy to help me. My room was lovely, clean and warm. The free wifi was also a lovely bonus. I was so comfortable relaxing in the spacious lounge-room living area, having a glass of wine and enjoying my free wifi. It was a great bonus there was also a take away shop just a couple of houses down from the guest house where I bought a nice burger. The "simple breakfast" was lovely. I enjoyed my toast, cornflakes and milo at 4 in the morning just before the lovely man drove me to the airport to catch my early morning flight. He was so friendly and it was like staying with relatives that you have never met but let you stay because that's what long lost family do. It was so nice especially for someone traveling on their own as it was only about $80. I don't usually write reviews but this place (and Cortados in Picton) are worth it :) Thanks again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Miki & Yan are a very friendly, helpful and interesting couple. Quiet, cozy, very clean, relaxing atmosphere. It's your home away home. Big living room with soft drinks and breakfast provided. Free wifi and universal electric outlet available. Miki offered airport transportation with very reasonable fee, which helped us a great deal for 7am departure.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

We arrived at the guest house at midnight. Miki &Yan left the instruction on the door for us to check in. Miki showed us around and explained things to us at mean time. We were surprised by how clean it was with price like theirs. Also they provide free wifi and breakfast. We felt like at home and would definitely go back one day when we need to stay at Christchurch.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Very helpful couple, provided brochures, maps, and travelling advice. Accommodating to late check-in times. Room and house very clean. They offer pickup/drop-off to airpirt for a fee, which is cheaper than a taxi (my taxi leaving airport was 5km @ $30!).

• Stayed November 2013
Beijing, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed only one night in M&Y,but they impressed us very much.Miki is very kind and patient ,we arrived very late ,almost at 22:30,he picked up us from the airport and when we got home he told us many helpful imformations and great ideas about how to visit well the south island .the room is so clean and warm with very comfortable beds I got a very good sleep that night .

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Guangzhou, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

The average price of CHC accommodation is relatively high, so we didn't expect too much about this guesthouse, which charged just $110 for a twin room including breakfast, WIFI and airport pick-up and drop off service. That's why we were happily surprised by the comfortable bedroom, spacious living room and dining area. Miki is a very friendly gentleman who helped us carry the baggage, and showed no impatience at all as he got up 4am to drive us to the airport. Yan has tried all her best to make sure we had a happy stay, and provided great tips to our Auckland trip. She even gave my mother a lovely gift! All in all, a perfect choice if you stay in CHC to catch an early flight or arrive late at night by plane. Xiyi

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to M&Y Guest House (Airport Green)? Share your experiences!